Chapter 17

The game ends and the final leaderboards show up. I'm so far ahead of my other team mates and Lando just sits there in silence. "What? How did you do that?" He asks. "Well I play call of duty all the time. I thought it would be funny if I pretended to be bad at the game in the beginning and then absolutely smash it." I say, very proud of my achievement. "You are unbelievable." He says with a laugh.

We streamed for about another hour before we ended it. "How come you never told me you play warzone?" Lando asks as soon as the stream is off. "It never came up." I say with a laugh. "Oh really?" He asks with a smile and gives me a funny look. I get up and hide behind my chair, terrified.

My laugh echoes through the apartment as he jumps out his chair and runs after me back to the tv room. I hear him laugh behind me as I stop on one side of the big couch and Lando stands on the other side. "Oh I have got you now." He says with a smile. I laugh and attempt to dodge him and run back down the passage but I was too slow. I feel his muscular arms wrap around my torso and lift me up, swinging me around. "Lando!" I squeal, mainly from fear of him dropping me but eventually he puts me down. "Netflix?" He casually suggests. "Sure." I reply before flopping back down on the couch. Lando sits down next to me and places his arm around my shoulders.

~

"Hey Lando. Wake up." I say softly shaking him. "What? Are you ok?" He asks worried. "Yes I'm fine. Come get up." I say to him. He groans. "Why?" He asks. "I need to go for a run, and I'm sure you do to." I say and he groans. "Ok give me five minutes and I'll be ready." He says. "Ok." I reply, totally unconvinced that he will be ready.

After five minutes lando walks out the bedroom. "Wow you actually got ready in five minutes? I'm surprised." I say with a laugh. "I'm going to ignore that hurtful statement. Let's go." Lando says, grabbing my hand as we walk out the apartment building and onto the streets. We run for a good hour before making our way back to the apartment.

"Lan is it fine if I take your car? Some chop has parked mine in." I ask. "Yeah sure, here are the keys." Lando says throwing his keys to me. I catch them. "Thanks babe. I'll see you in a few." I say and walk out the apartment. Lando's apartment is lacking a lot of food so I'm going shopping for us. Even though I'm going back to my apartment this evening, I thought I would do something nice.

I park Lando's Mclaren outside the shop and walk in. I grab all the food I wrote down on my list including some things I need back home before checking out.

I walk out the shop and find some guy leaning on Lando's car. He is surrounded by about 4 girls. "Yeah I got this car the other day. Pretty sweet right?" He says and the girls all agree, completely enthralled by this mans 'car'. I walk up to them. "Hey pretty lady, come to admire my car to." He asks, cockily. "First, ew. Second, no because it's my car." I say holding up the keys. His face drops completely and the girls look upset at him. "Wow, jerk. Can't even afford your own one?" The one girl says. The rest all start yelling insults at him and he slinks off, embarrassed.

"Damn girl what do you do to get this car?" One asked. "Well it's my best friend's car but my car is just as nice, I drive in Formula One." I say. "Oh damn, go girl." Says the other. "Oh you are Hannah Van Staden, my brother talks about you all the time." Another says. "Really?" Asks the last one. They walk off and continue chatting.

~

"And then he tries to flirt with me, which I shut down immediately. So I pulled out the car keys and he was so embarrassed and the girls were kind of mean to him but then he walked away." I retell the story to Lando, who is sitting on the kitchen counter as I unpack the food. "Wow, he is a jerk. Mainly because he was flirting with you." He says which makes me laugh. "You're not concerned about your car?" I ask him. "I can get another car. I can't get another you." He says hopping off the counter and wrapping his arms around my shoulders from behind me. He kisses my cheek which makes me giggle as I lean back into his arms.