𖠌 Chapter Thirteen

Whatever happened that night, Jeno's –unfortunate for him– great memory couldn't let go of the scenario.

He somehow got more tense whenever the married couple were around, he was petrified that they will start screaming at each other again out of nowhere.

Which has happened about almost everynight now, the two raising their voices cussing at each other, Jeno leading Natalia to her bedroom and helping her get to sleep, the door slamming downstairs, Jaemin drinking some alcohol as he gets drunk.

The omega has memorized the new routine after a week, yet he still isn't used to it, nor will he ever be in the future.

What bothered him the most was the mixture of the pure alpha's strong scent and his low yet loud strict voice as it spreads through the house.

He shivers everytime he hears him, sees him, smells him, and also makes some physical contact with him whenever he's serving the elder with his orders.

He has tried to avoid it, avoid making any contact with Jaemin. But stopped when he realized that he's doing the same thing he did with his parents, the only difference is he isn't the one getting yelled or hit at.

Heejin's presence was getting less and less in the household. She was mostly out to a friend's house or at work,  going home whenever Jaemin is asleep after drinking a whole bottle of alcohol.

Jeno was scared at what's happening, but is mostly scared for Natalia's well-being and poor childhood, the little girl was living in a toxic household.

However, Natalia wasn't scared, shocked, or sad. She was most likely disappointed and angry at her parents, but never dared to say anything.

She simply listens to them screaming, watch how they look at each other with rage in their eyes, both when Heejin decides to throw something to the ground as the object shatters making Jeno flinch in fright while Jaemin remains still with anger.

Natalia was used to this kind of behavior with her parents, Jeno has learned. Doyoung confirmed it by the stories he shared about the previous arguments the married couple had.

Though, the omega will still have the feeling of worry towards the little girl. What could happen in the future if she lives with this her whole life.

That's why Jeno is working extra hard than before, leading Natalia away from the scene and slowly teaching her what are the rights and wrongs. Making her understand more on what goes on in the cruel world.

He's not letting the little girl to be influenced with such behaviors by some disgusting and prideful alphas.

"Jeno," Jaemin calls out from the kitchen as he types away on his laptop to finish more paperwork. "Come here for a second."

The omega that was in the living room with Jaehyun and Natalia, excuses himself at the two before heading towards the kitchen where his boss is located.

"Yes Mr. Na?" The brunet politely asked as he straightened his clothes that were wrinkled from having a tickle fight with Jaemin's daughter.

The pure alpha looked up, dark bags under his eyes from spending countless of sleeping nights working away, and his whole aura just screams exhausted.