[chapter 6] A Thing Called Bravery

Hey guys! Sorry it took me so long to upload a new chapter! As said in my updates, I've been really busy with school. I managed to pull together chapter 6, and chapter 7 is also almost finished! I hope everyones enjoying  the story as much as I enjoy writing it.

Let me know what you think! Fan/Vote/Comment! Your opinion matters!

Anyways, enjoy :)

   Tuesday morning came too quickly. My heart was racing at a billion beats per minute. I was nervous to call Janie. What would she think of me? Did she already find a new wedding planner? Had Nate told her about our past history? A million questions ran through my head all morning, and that was all I could think about during breakfast.

   Sam and I had decided to go out for breakfast this morning. She knew I was nervous to call Janie, and that I was still mad at Nate. She thought it would be a great way to get everything off my mind. She decided on a small quiet place called Bernie's Breakfast. The place was so old fashioned; checkered floors, bright blue walls, pink booths and chairs, and a giant brass jukebox at the end of the room. It was all a little too retro for me.

"So." Sam started. "How's your breakfast?"

"Good." I was subjected to one worded answers since all I could think about was my phone call with Janie. What if Janie did agree to let me plan their wedding? Could I tolerate being around Nate all the time? Sam sighed.

"Josie, you've got to get your mind off of everything!" Sam started getting frustrated with my one word answers. She looked like she was about to explode.

"Sam I seriously can't help it. What if you were in my shoes?" I asked. She looked a tad bit annoyed.

"Well Josie, I'm sorry something so unfortunate has happened to you, but you have to suck it up! You can't keep hiding from people! Nate's with someone else now. I know it sucks, but you have your own life now, your own job, even your own priorities! It's not like you two were that serious anyways, were you?" Sam always ran her mouth too much when she was frustrated. Maybe I was acting a bit immature about the situation. She was right. I had my own job, my own life, and my own priorities. I can't let something like this irritated me. I starred at Sam blankly.

"Well I'm sorry Josie. You're stronger than this. You never let anything bother you, and now he comes along trying to ruin your life, and all hell breaks loose. Seriously Jo, it'll be fine. Stop worrying." Sam stuffed some breakfast sausage into her mouth. We both continued with our breakfast, not even making eye contact. After 5 minutes had passed, I finally decided to speak up.

"You're right Sam. One hundred percent. My life wasn't completely perfect before Nate decided to crash it, but I can't let it ruin what I have right now. Whatever you said helped a lot, and I appreciate you being such a good friend." A smile grew on Sam's face.

"That's the Josie I know and love!" She got up out of her chair and hugged my tightly.

"A little oxygen please?" I managed to squeeze out.

"Oh. Sorry Jo!"

   For the rest of our breakfast, Sam and I talked about our love-lives and our lifetime goals. I never really knew that Sam wanted to work with floral arrangements. She said she really enjoyed the atmosphere of weddings, and that the flowers were an extreme asset to any wedding. Problem is, the majority of the florists we had, screwed up. I also found out that Sam didn't want to be in the wedding planning business forever. Eventually, when she racked up enough money, she wanted to open her own flower shop. I told her that was excellent and that I'd be so happy for her. Sure I'd miss her, but I could also get her a lot of business through recommendations. Technically, we'd still be working together. I told Sam how I would like to try out a bunch of things too, but I never really got around to it. I've always been the artistic type; wanting to try photography, and interior decorating. Maybe even fashion. I also wanted to try journalism. I always loved to express my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love the wedding industry,  but sometimes you've just got to grow your wings and fly. Do something daring!