[chapter 2] Where's My Soulmate?

So chapter two was out quicker than I thought. I wanted to get a couple quick chapters in before I get to the actual stuff. All the good stuff will come shortly, so no worries :). Anyways, let me know what you think. Please vote/comment. Feedback is important! Enjoy :)!

 I arrived at the church one hour before the ceremony. I took a look around. I opened up my clutch and pulled out a small note pad.

  White bows and sashes. Check. Red, white, and pink flowers at the altar. Check. Red roses in the flower girl baskets. Check." I smiled to myself. Everything Is perfect! I pulled out my phone to call Miss Feldman; the bride to be.

"Hello? Miss Feldman?" Pause. "Did the bouquets arrive okay? Were they correct?" I asked. Pause. "That's good to hear! How about the photographer?" Pause. "That's great! I hope you're on the way! Your ceremony is in an hour! The church looks fantastic!" I said. Pause. "Alright. See you soon!" I hung up the phone.

   I took my usual seat in the back of the church. I smiled to myself. Another wedding is perfect! I enjoyed my job. It was very rewarding to see couples young, and old, find the one person that they want to spend the rest of their life with. It was magical to see the smiles on the newlyweds' faces as they took their first walk down the aisle, as well as sharing their first kiss as man and wife. It was great to see young love.

   My smile slowly turned upside down. Why hasn't my time come? How come I can make everyone else happy and not myself? Where's my soul mate? I quickly pulled out my phone and clicked SMS on Sam's name.

SAM, IM IN A PANIC. WHERE'S MY SOUL MATE?

I frowned. The clock was ticking faster and faster each day. If I didn't find someone soon, no one would want to marry me! My phone vibrated. I looked down at it.

WHAT R U TLKIN ABOUT? PROBABLY LOOKIN 4 U.

I started panicking.

SAM, I'M 28 YRS OLD! ONCE I HIT 30, NO 1 WOULD WANT TO MARRY ME! I WON'T B ABLE TO MAKE BABIES. THE CLOCK IS TICKING!

   Guests started arriving at the church. They came in a few at a time. I got up from my seat to see if the bride and groom were here. As soon as I walked into the main lobby, I saw the groom in a panic.

"Spencer, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm just nervous. Should I really go through with this?" he asked. A hint of frustration hit me as he asked that.

"Of course you should! You don't want to be a single 30 year old like me. Then no one will want to marry you." I said in a slightly harsh tone of voice. Spencer laughed.

"You don't look a day over 23!" he chuckled. I smiled at his compliment.

"Anyways, I must find your bride! Get ready!" I said.

   I walked over to a small room at the back of the church. No sign of the bride, or the bridal party. Where is she! She has to be walking down that aisle in 25 minutes! I pulled out my phone.

"Stan? Have you heard from the bride?" I demanded.

"No why?" he replied back.

"THERE'S NO SIGN OF HER!" I screamed.

"Josie...calm down. She's only five minutes late. You've experienced worse. What's gotten into you?" he asked. I hung up on him. I really was freaking out. Why was I all stressed out all of a sudden? Was it because I realised that I don't have someone to spend the rest of my life with? I took a deep breath. As I exhaled, the bride and her party walked in. I smiled. I said a quick hello, and went back into the church to take my seat.

****

"You may now kiss the bride!" exclaimed the priest. The couple shared their first kiss and husband and wife. I won't lie, I shed a couple of tears. As all the guests rushed out of the church to congratulate the couple, I had to make my way to The Palace for last minute preparations for their reception. I squeezed my way through hundreds of people finally managing to make it outside. I took a deep breath and hopped into my car.

   As soon as I arrived at The Palace, Stan ran outside to greet me. I got out of the car.

"Josie. We have a problem." He said.

"What is it?"

"I got a call from one of the guys in the wedding party. The guy who was supposed to be the MC for the night is sick and can't make it. There's no one else who can do it." He said.

"I'm most certainly not doing it Stan. I barely know anything about this couple. You do it!" I replied back.

"I don't know diddly squat about this couple! At least you now that they're Malibu Ken and Barbie." He said smirking.

"Bitch." I growled at him.

"You know you love me." Stan said as he gave me a wink and walked back inside.

   I mumbled words under my breath as I walked inside the ballroom. It was beautiful. The lights were a shade of light pink, and the table cloths were a vibrant pink. The white chairs complimented the pink bows wrapped around them. The center pieces were to die for. They were large glass vases, and on the bottom was a little pink Beta fish swimming around happily. The flowers in the vases were hot pink and light pink roses. The red roses were scattered about on the tables, and some sprinkled on the floors. In the middle of the dance floor there was a heart made from red rose petals, where the couple would share their first dance. For a Pretty in Pink wedding, it sure did look fantastic. I smiled happily.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Sam asked.

"Great work team!" I shouted. Everyone cheered.

"So does MC Hammer like the ballroom?" Stan asked jokingly. I turned at him and gave him the evil eye.

"Stan it isn't funny. You know how I get when I talk in front of a large group of people that I don't know." I snarled.

"You do it every wedding because the couple thanks you." He replied back.

"Yeah but all I say is 'I was honoured to plan your wedding. May you have a long and happy life together.' Plain and simple." I replied back with a smarty pants attitude.

"If you say so yourself." Stan said as he walked away. Stan stopped and turned around quickly. "Oh and apparently there's someone tall, dark, and handsome that wants to meet you." Stan winked at me. Sam gave me a look that pretty much said 'there's your chance!' I sighed.

"I need a drink." I said.