the chinese male was still worried that jaemin would think badly of him, thinking that renjun may try to prevent jaemin's chances at winning jeno's heart when that wasn't the case at all. and yes, renjun was well aware that he was overreacting about that since they are best friends and know each other well enough to know that neither of them would ever do that, but the world always brings unexpected things into play, and renjun didn't feel like taking his chances.

"so what's the big deal about it then?" the light blue haired boy asked, still confused as to why the chinese male was acting the way he was over something that isn't such a big deal. "are you just being overly dramatic because you like jaemin a ton and you're worried that you impossibly ruined your friendship?"

'impossibly' because an accident like the kiss wouldn't ruin the friendship between renjun and jaemin, or all three of them even, as a matter of fact.

"i'm just worried about the way he thinks of me. if he thinks of me badly, then that could ruin our friendship, like you said, and if i'm not his friend, then i'd be nothing to him," renjun explained, basically saying that the light blue haired boy's thought process was accurate.

jisung gave a thinking expression as he thought of a way to tackle that issue. obviously, the brown haired male that renjun was so concerned about didn't think that way at all about the chinese, yet he was still paranoid about ruining their friendship. jisung is well aware as to how important jeno and jaemin are to the red haired male since they were his first friends when the chinese moved to korea, thus, making sense as to why he didn't want to risk losing a single one of them.

"then... become something more than friends to him. that way, you at least have something to move down to."

jisung meant it completely as a joke, but he didn't expect for the older to take it seriously. next thing he knew, renjun was complaining about his love life, something of which the light blue haired male wasn't fully invested in since jaemin, jeno, and renjun liked each other yet are  still completely oblivious to each other's feelings.

"jaemin's ideal type is jeno. that alone is enough for me to know that i don't even have a chance at his heart," the chinese male began, causing the younger to wonder how their conversation had come to that point.

letting out a sigh, the least jisung could do was listen to his friend and contribute to the conversation in order to possibly assure the older. "an ideal type is just an ideal type, something that people look for in someone. that doesn't necessarily mean that they will end up dating someone who fits the criteria perfectly. there's always some kind of leeway. also, you don't even know if jeno likes jaemin in the same way. there's really nothing holding you back from trying."

this time, it was renjun's turn to exhale. "if jeno doesn't like jaemin, then i'd be surprised because i've seen the way he looks at him, and it's definitely not because they're close friends."

it was true. recently, the red haired male saw a change in the eyes of one of his brown haired roommates. it seemed as if jeno was starting to look more affectionately towards the other brown haired boy, which was surprising to renjun because jeno never actually seemed to look at anyone the way he appeared to look at jaemin. he was never one to express his feelings, especially when it came to love, causing the chinese to feel like he was trying to decode the facial expressions of a rock.

but this was pretty undeniable. the shine in jeno's eyes changed when he would see jaemin compared to anyone else. it was as if the male himself was becoming someone foreign to the red haired boy, and honestly, renjun didn't really like it.

call it jealously, call it paranoia, but the chinese male felt strange when thinking about the way his friend had appeared to change. although the possibility of everything being in his imagination was high, renjun trusted himself to believe that what he was seeing was reality.

jisung, on the other hand, was confused with what had come from the chinese male's mouth. jeno liking jaemin? that didn't seem very likely at the moment, mainly because the korean boy already knew who jeno actually likes, but also because the light blue haired male hadn't really heard of the brown haired male talking about his other best friend as often as he does about the chinese.

renjun shaking his head caught jisung's attention and shook him from his thoughts. The younger focused his attention back to the red haired male just as the older began talking once more.

"just... when jaemin and jeno kissed... I felt jealous, you know? even if it was 'just a dare,' so i thought that jaemin may have felt the same way when seeing me and jeno kiss since he likes jeno and all," renjun spent some time to sidetrack and bring back memories of an event that seemed to have occurred such a long time ago despite only being about three or so weeks ago.

"of course you felt jealous. you like jaemin; there's kinda no way you can't feel jealous. it's normal and i'm pretty sure that jaemin felt the same way."

shaking his head, the chinese male began to confuse the younger once more with his gesture. the shaking of the head could mean anything: uncertainly, doubt, denial, anything at all, so jisung didn't know exactly what it meant.

that was, until renjun exposed what it was about.

"i wasn't jealous about jaemin kissing jeno..."

"what...?" a perplexed look made its way onto jisung's face as he couldn't decipher the subtext behind the chinese boy's words.

"i was jealous about jeno kissing jaemin. does... that even make sense?"

"no, it very much does not," jisung was exaggerating by using more words than necessary, but it was mainly because he was feeling a bit playful at the moment in order to try and brighten up the ambiance of the room. however, he quickly returned to his serious mindset and focused back on the situation at hand. "aren't they the sa-"

the younger didn't get to finish as the red haired male cut his words off from his interference. "and when i accidentally kissed jeno... my god, i actually... liked it? i felt like it was something i could get used to. his lips were softer than i ever imagined and made me get butterflies in my stomach... oh my fucking god. if jaemin finds out about this, then i'm so dead.

"hold on... but he might actually understand me, since he himself is a victim of jeno's perfection and has been casted by his love spell. doesn't that mean we'll be able to talk about how jeno's perfect and this and that to each other without fighting and agree on something for what may be the first time in our lives?"

after ranting for five minutes and twenty three seconds (and counting), the chinese male seemed to have come back to his senses and finally realized what he had said out loud. "wait... why am i thinking like this?"

letting out a sigh, jisung rubbed the bridge of his nose while deciding that he doesn't get paid enough for helping his friends with their love life.

"maybe you like both jaemin and jeno. and maybe, you've liked jeno for a while, but never realized it until now. you know... it's not wrong to like both."