Meeting the one and only

As I walk down the peaceful but busy streets of London I feel a breeze come by knocking all my papers out of your hands. "Oh no" I murmured to the cold air, as I was alone. As I go to scramble for my papers I never look away from the ground. As I was picking up the last drawing I realized a ton were missing. A hot tear of frustration ran down my cheek, but a hand came in front of my  face. I look up to see a young guy looking down at me with a toothy grin. " uh I think you dropped these" he let out a small and awkward laugh. I just sat there squatting like an idiot stuck just looking at him. "Oh yeah, I did, sorry about that, thank you, you didn't have to get them for me," I  fumbled around, my words just spewing out with out much thought. I grabbed the papers and quickly stuck them back in my folder" it's fine, don't worry about it, what's your name?" He seemed like he was uncomfortable, like he messed up somehow. "uhh it's y/n, what's yours?" I couldn't help but seem excited at the fact he wanted to know my name, but maybe I was coming of too awkward. "That's a really pretty name, it suits you, mine is Alex, it's really nice to meet you y/n" his smile getting bigger as he looks at your face. Your eyes lock with his, "yeah it was really nice meeting you," you started to open your mouth but stopped, should I ask for his number I mean we did just meet and he doesn't seem to be too interested in getting to know me, just seems like he was being polite. I've been shy my whole life and maybe this was a good time to finally not be, so I opened my mouth to ask.... but Alex spoke first "hey listen I know we just meet and this might seem a bit creepy but I would really like to get to know you so can we swap numbers.... I know this is weird and if you don't want to that's fine"  he seemed to be panicking. Omg a cute guy wanted MY number, why, this can't be real. And he asked before me "Oh yeah of course I would love to"  I pulled out my phone and handed to him and he gave me his. I wrote my number in his phone and save my name as y/n. I handed it back to him and he gave me mine back. "Thanks" I  say while shoving it back in my pocket. "Yeah, I hope to see you again" he says with his adorable smile on his face "yeah I hope so too" you say gazing at him. "Bye y/n" he started to walk away. "Bye Alex"I stood there now alone in the street of London my cheeks red and hot from blushing.

*time passes to later that night*

I turn the key and swing open the door to my flat and plop down on my couch, kick my shoes off and put my bag down. I reach for the tv remote and turn on a show, maybe big mouth, no, maybe rick and morty, no I've watched it like a million times. Finely you settle with the office. It's been such a busy day and I wanted to get in to something more comfortable I mean I was just wearing a burnt orange sweater and black leggings, but I slip in to a light pink over sized hoodie and frilly loose black shorts and curl up on my couch with a blanket watching the tv. Suddenly there was a ding from my phone. Probably just from y/f/n asking my how my day was but to my surprise the name read Alex. Omg it was happening he actually texted me, and I didn't even have to text him first, the message read,
~hey remember me, it's me Alex we meet today~
My response was
~ hey, of course I remember you~
Oh god, What if he doesn't respond, what if I should have something different. But there was a response
~ hey, I thought your weren't going to answer~ 
I don't know how to answer, I don't want to mess this up.
~ of course I did, how are you?-
We talk back and forth while I get ready for bed.
~I'm good, how about you~ 
~I'm good just really tired, I'm in bed, going to sleep soon, you should too it's really late~