"Afterparty"| 𝓙𝓪𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓷𝓮𝔀𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓭

○~1987~○

I walked up the last two steps before reaching the front door. It stood open and out came loud heavy music and an awful stink of alcohol. There were a lot of people at this place and I had to squeeze through every single one of them to even get a grasp of my suroundings.

My favorite band Metallica were about to play at this place in half an hour and I was more than excited. They were really big at this point but I still got the chance to see them at this not so big place in san fran. It was a nightclub, bigger than most nightclubs but still very small compared to the arenas they play on mostly.

I was extra excited to see their new bassist play. I've seen them once before with Cliff in 84' and it was such a great show. I hope they are as good with the new guy as with Cliff.

I walked up to the stagefloor were a bunch of people stood waiting for Metallica to begin the show. I exchanged some words with a girl named Trisha until the lights turned down and the four boys came on stage. The crowd was screaming, including me, at the sight of the guys. As soon as the first notes of Hit the lights started playing I swayed around in my own world enjoying every tone.

I focused a lot on the new bassist. He was so wild, backing up James with screaming vocals while slammimg his bass. I saw him take a few glances in my direction and I swear I saw a glimt in his eye as he catched my gaze. I really enjoyed watching him do his thing. I could tell the other guys weren't as into it as they were with Cliff but I most definently thought they did good.

"How are you feeling tonight San fransisco?" The crowd screamed at James loud voice.

"Our new bassist Jason will be playing a solo for you all!"

Jason.

The crowd sheered and screamed at Jasons solo. Oh, he was great. Not only was he great, he was looking hella hot up there and I couldn't help but drool over how attractive he was.

With sweat dripping down his neck he finished the song perfectly.

~

People rushed out after the show finished, the girl I talked to earlier told me something about an afterparty. I had no idea what that meant but I was ready for more fun so I followed her way.

The location of this party were suprisingly close to were the gig was at, just a quick walk around the corner and we came to a backdoor. I was suprised because I thought this was the place everyone was going to but when we arrived it was only me and this girl here.

"It's pretty empty for a party" I said questionly looking at her. She smiled and took a lipgloss up from her bag.

"The others have already arrived" she said applying a little lipgloss on her lips.

"You're pretty you know." She said. I was so confused until realisation hit me when the door opened and the drummer of metallica came out all drunk.

She was a groupie

She grabbed my arm and dragged me with her. Lars gave me a questionly smile before speaking up.

"Well hello there pretty, I'm Lars." I started sweating realising I was about to shake hands with metallica's drummer.

"Uh hi, Y/N." I said shyly shaking his hand.

We walked in, Lars behind closing the door. It was like coming into a stripclub but less clubby more, strippy. There were about 5 girls in the room, drinking smoking and doing... other stuff, while the members of metallica watched. Trisha smirked at me and began walking to the area were the tallica' boys were at. Lars did the same.

I was uncomfortable to say the least. I mean I was standing 5 feet away from my favorite band, watching girls clinge over them like animals. I was simply not like that. I didn't wanna be associated with hookers, I liked their music and wasn't intrested in their other business.. maybe except for Jason.  I mean, he looked hella good up there playing. But no. Speaking of.. I noticed Jason wasn't there with the other guys. I felt too overwhelmed with the situation that I decided it would be for the better if I just left.

I heard Trisha shout when I turned around to leave.

"Hey Y/N, where are you going?" She was sitting on James's lap which made me look down a little.

"I think I'll just leave, it was nice seeing you all." Or whatever.

I could still hear Trisha trying to contact me but I was already out the door before I got a glimt of what she was saying. Just then I heard a guy sigh with relief.

"Finally you opened you fuc- oh." Jason. The bass player of metallica. He was staring at me a little confused. I froze in my spot, didn't know how to react. I wasn't starcrushing, I was just shocked.

"I haven't seen you around before." He stated looking at me. I felt my cheeks tint a crimson colour and looked down.

"Uh yeah I'm not- I'm not supposed to be here. Just a little missunderstanding on my part." I said now looking up to his eyes. It was dark so I wasn't really able to see them but I could sense that glimt just like earlier today.

"Missunderstanding?" He questioned.

"Well, a girl told me about some afterparty and I thought it would be fun going to but uh- I didn't expect it to be this kind of afterparty." I stated.

Jason smiled wide, I knew that because I could see his teeth glowing in the dark.

"Oh." He chuckled a little.
"Yeah well you know, I'm not really into these kind of afterparties myself." He said laughing a little to himself.

I gave him a faint smile.

"Well I should be going but now when I'm talking to you-" I paused to look him in the eyes. "I really enjoyed watching you tonight."

He let out a slight laugh at that. I gave him a confusing look.

"Me?" He asked with a funny look. "You don't mean metallica?"

"I was looking forward seeing the new bassist. I've seen them once before with Cliff, I mean they were great with him, but I really think that you're as great as Cliff. If not better." I could see his eyes shine and I was sure he was blushing a little.

"I'm sure Cliff would be happy that they chose you." I smiled lovingly.

Jason stood there looking amazed by my statement.

"Wow. Thank you. That means a lot to me, really." He looked down for a second before speaking up again.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Y/N." I held my hand out and kept the smile on my face. He shook my hand lightly, his touch feeling soft and sending some type of shiver down my spine.

"Jason Newsted." He let go of my hand and spoke.

"Y/N, why don't we go somewhere else and have a real afterparty, just you and me?"

"Won't the others wonder where you've gone?" I asked.

"Nah, screw them, they don't care about me anyway." He said taking my hand.

"Alright then." I held onto his hand as he dragged me with him to some bar nearby. I think we both felt it. The second we got to know eachother.

Love at first sight.