Record store| 𝓒𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓯 𝓑𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓸𝓷

~○1983○~

I was on my way home from work walking the same direction my favorite record store were at. I hadn't been in there for a while so I decided to stop by for a little.

As I stepped in to the record shop I looked around to meet the familiar surroundings. I was the only one there

It was quite a small store but had a wide range of records. They had all the classics for such great price.

I were an all-metal girl but I really loved the fact that they had something for everyone.

They had everything from Jazz-to-punk-to-classical-to.. you name it.

Looking around I didn't see much of a change. The metal section were at it's usual spot, so were the other sections.

There was one thing though that was catching my eye. Something new, something I've never put my eyes on before.

Or more so, someone.

It seemed to be a new employer. A young one.

Pretty nice looking too..

He had brown shoulder length hair and were dressed in a misfits shirt and denim.

He probably noticed me staring cause soon enough I was confronted by the brown haired boy.

"You need any help over there?" He locked eyes with me.

"Oh no, I'm fine thank you." I said smiling at him.

He smiled back and turned around but soon turned back to me when he heard my voice speak again.

"Are you new here?" I asked while going through a pile of records.

I felt the stranger walk towards me and steady himself beside me.

"Yeah, pretty knew." I heard the sound of a lighter and turned my head to see the new guy light up a cigarette.

I stopped browsing by the records and looked up to meet his gaze.

"Well new guy, should you really smoke at your shift?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

A slight chuckle came out his mouth.

"Wow, the new girl has some attitude." He said laughing lightly.

"Hey, I'm a regular here!" I said fake whining. The stranger just laughed.

"I'm Cliff." He held out his hand for me to shake it.

"I'm Y/N." I took his hand and gave him a quick smile.

"I haven't been in here for quite some time so it was unusual seeing someone new." I said now going back to lookimg through the records.

"Well, I haven't seen someome new in this store for ages so it's a pleasure having you here."

I laughed at the cheesiness.

"How long have you been working here? It can't be that long since I was here last time." I said moving around the store.

Cliff was slowly walking behind me.

"It's probably been a month since I started working here." He stated.

I thought for a while.

"Yeah, that might be it." I looked at him again and smiled.

I've been speaking with this guy for 3 minutes and yet it feels like we've known eachother for years.

I was looking through the Black sabbath section when I suddenly stopped.

"You found something?" Cliff asked, noticing my sudden move.

I turned to him and held up Master of reality with my eyes almost poppimg out of excitmemt.

"I'm so getting this." I said hugging the record so hard I almost broke it.

I've been wanting this record for so long and now I was finally gonna get it.

Cliff gave out a light chuckle and grabbed the record out of my hand.

"Then what are you wating for?" He smiled and walked to the checkout, I followed behind him.

"Alright, that'll be 10 bucks."

I looked up at him in suprise.

"What? That can't be it, the pricetag says 15!" I said with a confused look on my face.

Cliff put the record in a bag and handed it to me.

"I might have settled the price down, just for you."

"Oh." I felt a slight blush spread on my cheeks.

"Well here you go then." I said shyly giving him the 10 bucks.

He took the dollarbill and looked back at me.

"Thank you. You should come here more often."

"Yeah, I should." I smiled.

"Well, I should go. Goodbye, Cliff." I said waving him goodbye.

Before I got the chance to turn around Cliff suddenly spoke up.

"Hey, don't forget your receipt."

He quickly picked up a pen and wrote something on it.

"Here you go.I'll see you around." Cliff handed me the reciept and waved.

I smiled and walked out of the store with the reciept in my hand.

Remembering that he wrote something on to it I quickly stopped to take a glance at the reciept.

I noticed that he had left a small note with a phone number right under.

Enjoy your record and call me maybe?

A shy smile spread on my face and I put the reciept in my back pocket.

I continued to walk home, now even more excited to reach my destination.

Not to listen to the record.

But to call Cliff.