CH13 - The Knife Edge Death Match

Start from the beginning

"Wow, it looks like the comity is refilling their initial decision," Koto announced. "And is now considering the Knife-Edge Death Match into play." The lights began to fade out, the wind picked up speed and strength. Even the dark clouds began to take over the blue sky, giving no access to the sunray to enter the stadium. Lightning struck in a few times. Then a huge one struck down to the two knives, marking the world and probably giving a sign that they approve of the game.

The entire place began to go darker and the audience grew impatient. Koto tried to calm them down, but her words fell onto deaf ears. That soon changed when the comity gave their approval.

"Yes!" Koto cheered in relief and excitement. "Ladies and Gentleman, get ready for some great brutality! " The lights of the stadium turned on and right at that very moment, the fighters began to mercilessly punch each other.

In reflex, my hand went to grab onto something. That something happened to be someone's wrist. A familiar one in fact because as soon as I caught it, my mark sparked up once again. 

I turned my head to the side, meeting Hiei's ruby orbs in return

I turned my head to the side, meeting Hiei's ruby orbs in return. I feel my face burn in embarrassment and quickly I let go of the Fire Demon's wrist, which just happened to be the one I marked in that dream.

My eye focused back on the fight, so I won't shink into my awkwardness.

"COULD THIS BATTLE BE ANYMORE BRUTAL THAN THIS?! LET'S HOPE THAT IT CAN PEOPLE!" Koto commented, clearly loving this.

"Whoa, are you watching this?" Carrot top asked in awe. I turn to him with a raised eyebrow. 

"Whoa, I have never seen anything so impressive in my life. To them, it's like nothing else exists." Kazuma seemed so intrigued and amazed, not to mention eager as well like he wants to just get in there as well and fight. "Such focus, and such pain. . . I wish there were me in there. This is no longer a fighting dream you guys. This is the stuff where legends are made of. I can watch them fight for hours." This small speech it kind of got to me in some point.

The ugly Carrot-Top can be a total jerk and brainless idiot at times, but he also has his moments. This was one of those and for once my ears listened.

His expression and enthusiasm, reminded me of myself when I was spending time with my brother in those two months. Mind you, that was the most that I managed to spend with my sibling for the first time in a long time. Sure we were mostly kicking each other's faces but . . . there was just something that my brother has. Some sort of fighting spirit that would make you want to bring your best self into the fight, but at the same time, you also have fun, along with an equal fight.

Now that I think about it, I can see it and feel it right here as well. Despite the bloody and painful blows and feet, my brother still had that smile that held so much energy and excitement.