CH19 - The Art of Fights

"And it's Phoenix VS Gama!" Koto announced it to the crowd. "You may begin."

I took a few cautious steps to the side as my eye remained glued on my opponent. He looked like an empty canvas compared to the image Akio had shown me in my dream, but maybe he is like this without those strange paints on his body. Gama's hands began to move and each pulls out something from his side. At first, I thought they were small daggers, but when the enchantment disappeared from their surface, they were actually paintbrushes.

"Tell me human, what does the word 'make-up' bring to mind?" Gama asked me as he crossed his, possibly weapons in an 'x' shape in front of himself. I said nothing and just stayed in my stance. "Human females no doubt. A little gloss to attract the next mate. Disgusting isn't it?" I mentally shook my head at his sexist statement but kept my guard up. "The way humans manage to bastardize everything they touch? Though, over centuries, human influence has infected the Spirit World as well." The tip of his brushes then made their way upon his face. 

"Now a few demons know it's original power." Then he began to. . . paint. . . The very first thing that I noticed was there was nothing on the brushes when he pulled them out, so the source must be something different. The tip of the brushes kept on leaving many trails and curls on the demon's skin and while doing so, I also felt that gut feeling screaming to me, meaning the danger will be coming soon, so like always, I mentally prepare for the madness to come.

Once Gama finished with his art work he placed his brushed back into their places while his Spirit Energy began to rise.

"Allow me to show you!" He told me before letting his power spread around the air like the warmth of a wildfire in the forest.

"Now I haven't seen that one before." The fox-girl commented. "Gama has covered his body with some sort of face paint and now his spirit energy is going insane."

Without any further, he charged at me with an incredible speed. Luckily I jumped out of his fist's way and judging by the crushing sound, he definitely created a hole into the ring. Once I landed on my feet, he continued to throw assaults at me, but I dodged each attempt.

"Gama's decorations really seem to boost his power! Phoenix can't even squeeze in the counter-attack!" Koto's words kind of made me think this time, but I haven't got more time for that because I just kept dodging the bastard's punches. Once again, he almost crushed me for the second time of this round, but he instead hit the rock bottom again.

"You may be fast, but you still have a body of a fragile human!" Gama yelled before keeping up throwing his legs and fists toward me. However, when I landed back onto the ground I lost my footing and feel my body fell to the side. From then on the entire fight slowed down like in those action movies. My gaze saw Gama running toward me for that split second, his hand reaching for his brushes again.

That's when my instincts kicked in and my brain went on full bending mode. My hand dug into the ring's floor and then ripped out a huge rock piece out of it, throwing it directly at Gama's face who got hit by it and land on his back grunting.

 My hand dug into the ring's floor and then ripped out a huge rock piece out of it, throwing it directly at Gama's face who got hit by it and land on his back grunting