Ten: Confetti Cupcake

A/N:

Trigger Warning: A bit of gore in this chapter, descriptions of blood.

The supermarket was packed on a Thursday, much to your relief. You didn't think you should stand any more solitude, not even when buying groceries.

Though these days, it seemed, you were never truly alone. You had found your car sitting inconspicuously in your usual parking space, meaning the masked man had taken the liberty of driving it all the way home from the library. He had saved you a ticket, sure. But driving the car to this Aldi when you knew he had sat in the very same seat, touching the same steering wheel, was one icky fucking feeling.

Now, as you perused the aisles and enjoyed your liberty (because God knows you were worried it wouldn't last), you felt a buzzing in your pocket. You grabbed your phone out - a part of you had wanted to leave it in the apartment, just to spite the masked fuck. But as much as you hated the idea of him tracking you, you didn't want to provoke him either.

One new message from 'Fuckhead':

Pop-tarts are half price.

You scrunched up your face as you read the notification. You couldn't help but look around you, wondering if he had followed you to the grocery store or was merely watching your location - either from your own apartment or from wherever the fuck he spent the rest of his time. He probably had a disgusting man cave. Maybe he lived under a bridge, like a troll.

There was no sign of the man right now, but that didn't mean he wasn't lurking around here somewhere. You promptly sent a text back:

'🖕'

Being the little shit you were, there was no way you were going to buy any more pop-tarts now. Harry could starve, at this point you didn't care. You suspected he was probably eating ramen right now anyway, finally home alone so he didn't have to be in your presence.

You did have your qualms about ditching your brother alone in the apartment, thinking that perhaps the masked man was trying to lure you away so that he could have easy access to Harry. But the masked man had all but ordered you out of the apartment, texting multiple times to 'remind' you. You didn't want to know what he'd do if you disobeyed him.

You sighed as you reached your final destination (which you had been avoiding) - the deodorant section. You grabbed a can saltily, tossing it in your basket too hard as you thought about the masked man's sly dig at you last night. He had been insinuating that you smelled bad, having not showered in three days. As if you cared what he thought. Annoying bitch.

Having grabbed everything you needed, including a hefty supply of food, you made your way to the checkout and paid. As you handed money to the cashier, you wondered if Harry was going to lose his job. He worked here, stocking shelves at this particular Aldi, and he'd missed two shifts since Monday. If he got fired, you were both kind of screwed since your rent was due in a few days. You really needed to coax him out of his bedroom ASAP.

Making your way to your car, bags in hand, you sighed as you fixed your seatbelt over yourself. The feeling of the strap was gross, reminding you of how the masked man had buckled you in tightly that night in his car, like you were a fucking child. But you were in the driver's seat now, a capable adult with a driver's license. Fuck him.

The drive home was tense. Driving with only one hand was stressful, and you didn't want to know what awaited you when you re-entered the apartment. Worst case scenario, you'd find Harry shot dead on the floor. Best case, and he'd be alive and well and actually ready to have an adult conversation with you.