the two staff members then left and the female watched changbin's eyes flutter open.

"changbin!" she softly exclaimed, gripping onto the bed's railing.

his vision focused on her and a small "oh" left his lips, making soobin furrow her eyebrows in disbelief.

"'oh'?! do you know how worried i was?"

"you were worried about me?" he asked cockily.

soobin rolled her eyes and returned to her original position, eyeing as he sat up then tried to stand. he barely got past the point of sitting up when his hand slipped from the railing. the girl huffed and caught him before he could injure himself.

"stupid."

changbin chose to ignore her comment and observed the needle in his forearm that was connected to an iv drip. soobin relaxed in the chair, shutting her eyes in distress from her housemate's carelessness. it didn't last long, however, for the door of the room slid open and revealed a boy with light-brown hair, holding a plastic bag.

there was another person behind him but soobin couldn't see who it was and just glanced between changbin and the unknown duo.

the former looked up and his mouth parted in surprise.

"chan hyung?" he uttered to himself before speaking normally. "what are you doing here?"

chan didn't say anything. in place, he bent down and lightly flicked changbin in the middle of his forehead, earning a "hey!" from him.

while chan was leaned over, soobin got to see who was behind him and was definitely surprised at the sight of them.

chan hummed in satisfaction and jisung, the blue-headed boy that was soobin's co-worker, locked stares with soobin. he immediately widened his eyes and his jaw fell slack.

"s-soobin?!"

"jisung?"

"you two know each other?" changbin questioned, looking back and forth from his roommate and one of his closest friends.

"she started working at the restaurant yesterday," said the blue-haired boy. "she's the girl i was telling you guys about; the one that's paying off the debt. how do you know her?"

they then began interrogating each other and got lost in their own conversation, leaving chan and soobin out. the former awkwardly scratched the back of his neck before holding a hand out to the girl.

"i'm chan. a friend of changbin's," he introduced himself.

soobin gave him a sheepish smile. "hi, i'm soobin. it's nice to meet you."

"likewise."

the bedridden male's attention switched to them and deadpanned.

"like i asked before, what are you two doing here?"

"your sister couldn't make it, so she called me," chan said.

soobin didn't really feel like intruding on the boys and began to pick her stuff up, telling them, "well.. i'll be going now," and slowly headed for the door. she didn't make it far though.

she barely made it past the foot of the hospital bed when jisung stopped her by putting his hands on her shoulders. she leaned back in surprise and her eyes widened a bit but he paid no mind to the action.

"hyung, at least thank her!" he directed at changbin.

he kept his straight face. "thanks.. for all of your help."

"y-yeah. take care of yourself. i'll stop by tomorrow to bring your homework if anything."

with a triumphant look, jisung nodded and pulled away. he went to sit in the chair soobin had been occupying. she slightly waved and began to walk out again.

"oh, wait up! i'll walk you out," chan exclaimed and jogged to catch up, lowering his voice to an undertone. "i wanna ask you about changbin."

after nodding, chan went ahead and opened the door for them both, allowing her to go first.

"so, you're bin's housemate, right?" he inquired as they traveled down the hall.

"i am."

"how is he?"

"uh.. he's alright," soobin chuckled.

"he's a bit of a tsundere at first, huh?"

she looked up at chan and gave a warm grin. "yeah, big time."

chan laughed as well.

"thank you for watching after him. jisung and i can't always be there since we're busy with school and our own jobs," he said. "i'm glad he has someone like you around."

soobin sort of stumbled on her words and he mused at her.

"you two must be close. he isn't usually that relaxed with many people."

"really?"

"really."

"interesting."

the two of them chuckled at themselves right as they reached the hospital's entrance. chan glanced around the streets.

"you'll be okay going home on your own?" he asked. "it's pretty dark."

"yeah! i'll be fine. thanks for walking me out," soobin smiled kindly.

"i'll see you soon then. bye, soobin."

"bye, chan!"

┊✿┊

miki's commentary!
→ i don't wanna do trig, i just wanna write fanfics ):