Chapter 14

READ ME

(A/N): Hey y'all. I just wanted to tell you to play the video around the part where a certain character starts playing the piano. I bet you know who if you read Chapter 9. Enjoy.

Everyone stood up and tented their hands except for Shinra and the people at the Seventh. Tamaki was bugging Shinra about his lack of respect. As soon as Raffels III made it to his seat the meeting had started. "The time has come. All Company Captains, as well as their guest, have arrived." Raffels said before sitting down. This older man does not need and introduction either. Raffels the Third is the Emperor of the Tokyo Empire. "Let's begin this emergency conference at once. I've spoken with the general of the Tokyo Army and the Chief of the Fire Defense Agency. They told me of a group acting in secret, threatening our nation's safety. Indulging in blasphemy, they would defile the great Sol's blessings." Raffels said. "Brave captains of the Special Fire Force, I call on you to make these blasphemers pay for their sins." Raffels ordered. "Would ya stop rambling about your sun god?" Benimaru asked rudely and loudly. Akari turned around and smirked. "What? Benimaru Shinmon! You stand before our great Emperor! You should cease your insolence and treat him with respect, or face Gustav Honda's wrath!" Gustav yelled as he faced Benimaru. Benimaru wasn't too pleased. "Shut your mouth, Honda Gustav. I don't like hearing my name said backwards." Benimaru corrected. "He prefers his surname first?" Kayoko of the Seventh questioned. "You must be a proto-nationalist." Giovanni of the Third said. "Look, the Seventh is nothing but a bunch of idiots from vigilante corps. I don't recall swearing any oaths to your god or your empire." Benimaru said as he stood up causing Shinra to frown. "He's stating that there's no 'real reason' for him to be here. That Shinmon must really not want to be here." Akari muttered. But something had clicked. Akari realized that she had been saying the same name Hina has.

Benimaru and Konro started to walk out of the rows of pews and down the aisle towards the door. Benimaru tucked his hands in his jinbei, 'casually' ignoring everyone in the room. "Hey, come back! We aren't finished talking yet!" Gustav yelled as he stood up. Before the captain could yell anymore words to make Benimaru or Konro stop, Raffels opened his mouth. "Stop right there!" Raffels ordered loudly but even the emperor himself couldn't stop Benimaru. "Forgive me for saying but there's no hope in stopping the man!" Akari chuckled loudly causing Benimaru to stop in his tracks. "Captain Shinmon prefers his surname said first, you should respect that Captain Honda. And if he doesn't see his company of any importance then that's a good enough reason to leave. If he has no respect for his company and for the great Emperor of the Tokyo Empire, I don't see why there should be a reason for him to stay. It would only be more of a disgrace. Plus, I'll get annoyed if you two argue any longer. I don't like to be annoyed or angered." Akari said with a small smile. Akari crossed her legs and leaned back in her seat. Benimaru started walking again and without another word he left. The doors opened and they slammed close. Gustav looked at Akari and glared. Akari looked at Leonard and grinned while Leonard gave a disapproving nod to her. "I apologize for saying that." Akari said  before looking back at Shinra and his group. She stuck her tongue out and gave a thumbs up making Shinra smile a little. Akari faced forward again and folded her hands on her lap.

Raffels coughed as he tried to regain his composure. "As I was saying, I want all of your companies to work together and defeat the Evangelist." Raffels said. "That will put us back on the path to saving mankind from the fear of the flames." Raffels continued. "Shinra Kusakabe." The Emperor call out. "Yes sir!" Shinra responded as he hopped up on his feet. "I understand you possess an Adolla Burst." Raffels started as everyone looked at Shinra. "Rekka Hoshimiya said I did." Shinra replied, making him think back a few days ago when he told him what the Evangelist was going to do. "Sir, what exactly is an Adolla Burst?" Shinra asked nervously. The name 'Adolla Burst' had seem to have gotten everyone serious. "It's an unsullied flame of absolute purity. The primordial flame. The spark from which Sol fashioned the world we live in. When you were coming here, did you not see it?" Raffels asked as Shinra hummed in confusion. "Tokyo's perpetual thermal energy plant. Amaterasu provides power for the whole empire. All that energy comes from a flame which, like yours, is an Adolla Burst." Raffels explained causing Shinra's eyes to widen. "It seems the Evangelist wishes to obtain the Adolla Burst. It's known that these are flames of high purity. But how they differ from common flames has yet to be explained by science." Giovanni said. "Unless the Evangelist found the difference before we could." Giovanni said before taking a pause. "The Evangelist will target Kusakabe. Purhaps he should be secured." Giovanni said. "Secured? Please don't lock me up. I joined the force so I could protect people. I can look after myself just fine." Shinra said with a slight frown. Hibana looked up and frowned.