Chapter 11

Back at Company Eight, everyone was minding their business. The rookies still weren't back and it made everything boring in Hina's opinion, she kind of missed them. Hina laid her head over her arms on her desk as Maki and Mizuki did their paperwork while Takehisa typed away on his laptop. "Do your work." Takehisa said without looking up from his laptop. "Shut up four-eyes I'm trying to daydream." Hina said loudly causing Takehisa to glare at her. Before he could say anything the company phone rang. "Oh god." Hina muttered as she sat up in her chair. Since she was the closest to the phone she had to answer. Hina let out a long loud sigh before Picking up the phone. "Special Fire Force Company Eight, this is First Class Fire Soldier Shinmon Hina. What may be your problem?" Hina asked. "SHINMON! Do I look like I'm selling something when I lean against the wall?!" Akari was calling from in her office. "Akuma? What the hell? You do realize this is Company Eight's phone and that you didn't call my personal number... right?" Hina asked. "Does it matter? Answer the question." Akari cried. Hina looked at the phone with an annoyed expression and sighed. "Ask Burns." Hina simply said before hanging up. "Who was that?" Takehisa asked as Hina sat back in her seat. "An old friend." Hina replied. "Did she just hang up on me?" Akari asked herself.

A few minutes later the phone rang again. "Special Fire Force Company Eight... Akuma I swear if this is you." Hina muttered with a frown. "Last time I checked my surname is Akuma. Anyway, I've got some important info for you and your company. Better get a paper out kid." Akari said as she took off her blazer. "What do you mean take out a paper?" Hina asked. "That Captain Obi isn't very slick. It didn't take me long to find out that your rookies are undercover." Akari said. Hina froze up. Despite Akari and Hina being friends, Hina didn't intend for Akari to find out about the rookies. After all Hina didn't know who was turning people Infernal, it could've been Akari but Hina wouldn't know until the rookies came back. Even though they're friends they aren't from the same company. "What about it?" Hina asked in a serious tone causing everyone to look at her. "Do you all think that you're the only ones questioning Company One?" Akari asked. "Is this conversation going where I think it's going?" Hina asked as she arched a brow. "Yes. Me and Lieutenant Flam have been investigating our own company. It sucks but that's how it is. We weren't working together but after talking I've learned to take his word." Akari said as she crossed her legs while sitting in her chair. Hina pulled out a piece of paper and a pen. "How do you know it's not him, and how do I know it's not you?" Hina asked. "Well it's a simple fact that the culprit isn't Karim, check in with your rookies and I'm sure you'll get a good answer. But how do you know it's not me? I'm sure you know the answer to that Shinmon." Akari chuckled.

Hina let out a small sigh."Do I really seem like the type of person to make people suffer just for the fun of it. People are dying Shinmon, and I'm telling you now that I'll hunt down the person who's turning human beings into Infernals. Whatever it takes to rid the Tokyo Empire from these dangerous flames." Akari said sternly. Hina hummed in response. "You know me." Akari said. "You're too loyal to be bad. You've been running with Burns for so long, I imagine." Hina said as she chuckled a bit. "Our guy is Lieutenant Rekka Hoshimiya." Akari said. "Rekka Hoshimiya? That guy... is the person you least imagine it be. What clues did you find to get that answer?" Hina asked. "Why are they talking about Lieutenant Rekka?" Maki asked. "I noticed he's always gone before we get an Infernal call. That's because he's too busy turning folks into Infernals. I seen him turn a innocent man Infernal in an alleyway. Well I seen someone do it but I didn't know it was Rekka until after your rookies chased after him." Akari said. "I got on top of a building and saw Company Eight's rookies talking to Lieutenant Rekka and Lieutenant Karim. I knew it was Rekka because when he was found he seemed out of breath from running. I guess the Company Eight rookies didn't realize because it happened so quickly. On top of that he dropped a little glass vial with a bug in it. I guess he turns people Infernal with that bug. It's sickening because a few cases ago he targeted children." Akari explained as Hina gripped the phone.