great. i'm living with this school's national treasure, soobin sighed.

to disperse the recollection of earlier's conversation, she shook her head and stood up from her desk. most of the students had left the room already, deokhye and jaehyuk included but they were still on campus.

she collected her things and laid her coat over her left forearm, heading to the exit when two of her classmates beckoned her over.

"oh, soobin," one of the boys voiced out. "someone's calling for you."

"who?"

"changbin-ssi. he's waiting in the gym."

after acting like i was a complete stranger and pushing me? she was close to scoffing but decided against it.

"thanks," she slightly smiled at them before leaving.

"she's so pretty," the boy told his friend. "i wonder how she knows changbin."

the other quietly agreed. "she's friends with minho-sunbaenim, so it's not a surprise that she and changbin are friends too."

outside in the hallway, soobin scratched her cheek. i wonder how far up the stick in his ass is this time.

she took her time getting to her destination but felt suspicious when she arrived. it was empty and the only sound was her shoes against the basketball court, echoing throughout the space.

"changbin?" she called. "stupid, stubborn, temperamental, hot-headed, seo changbin?"

she scanned her surroundings and noticed that the equipment room's door was left ajar and the light was on.

"if i was in a horror movie, i'd be dead already," soobin sighed at herself as she started to walk toward it.

pushing the door open, she stepped inside and clicked her tongue when it was empty as well. she went to turn around to go back out but the door closed and a pair of hands pushed her down. luckily, her fall was broken by a landing mat.

"sorry. we tricked you!" gyuri's words were laced with fake sincerity.

chowon and aecha stood on both sides of her, arms folded over their chests.

soobin didn't know how to respond, so she just sat down properly, crossing her legs and leaning back on her hands.

"so," aecha batted her eyelashes. "what's going on between you and changbin?"

"you three have a really unhealthy obsession with that boy, huh?"

"don't dodge the question! spit it out!" gyuri snapped. she stormed up to soobin and held her phone in front of her. a photo of her and changbin in the home ec class together was on display.

"and you stalk him," she mused. "i rest my case."

chowon tilted her head to try to seem intimidating. "don't act like you don't know about the rules regarding seo changbin."

the three recited the rules, to which soobin tuned out and her eyes dulled in boredom.

i wonder if i still have dad's pasta recipe.. her mind was evidently elsewhere and that only angered the girls more.