"Tch, whatever. Call your damn boyfriend and let me go the fuck home."

Bakugo watches as Y/N calls Kirishima. He couldn't hear anything because she had stepped away from their table, but he sees her eyes light up when he assumes Kirishima answers the phone. Then as she starts to tell him about her change in plans he notices that a frown has slowly started to appear on her face. He cocks his head to the side as he sees her end the call and slowly makes her way back to the table.

"I'm just going to go home," she replies sadly.

Bakugo quirks his brow. 

"Is Shitty Hair meeting you there?" he asks, but he already knows the answer.

"Uh, no. He's at Sero's house and he doesn't want to be unmanly and just leave. He said he would call me later," she replies.

The ash-blonde wasn't sure what to do at this point. He could tell that she looked hurt, but he wasn't good at making people feel better. He lets out a sigh.

"C'mon, let's go climb."

Y/N doesn't reply and falls in step with Bakugo. Eventually, they arrive at the gym and Y/N felt bad because her friend more than likely just wanted to go home. Yet, here he was feeling obligated to spend time with her.

"You didn't have to bring me here. I could have just gone home since I was wasting your time."

Bakugo furrowed his brow as he responded.

"You're an idiot. If I didn't want to go I wouldn't have brought you here. When are you going to figure out I don't do shit unless I want to do it?"

He had a point. Even when he acted like he didn't want to go somewhere with the group he would always show up. She assumed it was because he felt peer pressure, but he didn't show up to everything. He only went to the outings he was interested in.

The pair went to change in the locker rooms and met by the wall. Once again trying to put on her harness Y/N became tangled. Bakugo smirked at the girl while he helped her put it on correctly.

"I'm not taking you to an actual cliff if you can't even figure out a simple fucking harness."

She puffed out her cheeks in playful irritation as she responded.

"We can't all be Best Jeanist. I can't manipulate threads at will to work in my favor."

Bakugo snorted.

"That was a poor fucking attempt at a comeback."

"I'm not on my A-game tonight. Sorry," she says with a small smile.

Making their way up the wall Bakugo decides to ask a question.

"You said you were stressed earlier. Why? You have everything scheduled out in that shitty planner you carry."

Y/N looks for the next place to move her hand as she responds.

"Yeah, it is. I guess it's more about not being able to spend time with Ei."

She looks down for a second lost in thought and then speaks again. 

"I appreciate what you tried to do earlier."

Moving his foot carefully up to the next spot he thinks about her statement. He wasn't sure what to say. He had noticed that the pair seemed to be more independent of each other, but he didn't know it was causing stress.

"Tch, it's fine. What's shitty hair think about the stress thing?"

Thinking about their conversation yesterday she responds.

"He feels the same way, but we don't know what to do. I can't stop studying. That's not an option."

"He could stop bailing on you," Bakugo states matter of factly.

Y/N gives him a look of confusion.

"What do you mean?" she asks.

Bakugo furrows his brow.

"Tch, you and I both know he's either been unavailable or bailed on you more than once recently. Tonight was a good fucking example."

"Yeah, he said he was partly to blame. I don't hold tonight against him. He had made plans with someone else. I can't expect him to drop what he's doing," She responded.

Not wanting to continue the topic Y/N focused on what she was doing. As she progressed up the wall she had forgotten about the stress and disappointment that had been plaguing her body and felt more relaxed. The explosive blonde had been right. Having to focus on your task at hand didn't allow her mind to dwell on other unpleasant things.

Bakugo looked over to his climbing partner and saw the look of concentration on her face. He thought about how she had improved since the last time they were there and he was a bit impressed.

"Hey, Flame Princess."

Pulling her head out of her thoughts she looks over at the blonde.

"Yeah?" she asks.

"You're catching on quick, but try to keep your hip pressed against the wall more."

Taking his advice she adjusts her body and can feel that it was making a difference. She was able to improve her balance on the wall.

They continued their climb and as they went Bakugo continued to give small tips and advice.

"I already told you to keep one hip on the wall. It keeps your shoulder closer and keeps you from falling, dumbass."

Y/N sighs in frustration.

"I'm trying, but my body isn't listening," she responds.

Rolling his eyes the ash-blonde leans over and presses his hand gently against her hip forcing her against the wall more. She only loses balance for a moment as she adjusts her stance. Feeling slightly flustered she glares at the blonde next to her.

"WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT? I COULD HAVE SLIPPED!"

Bakugo furrows his brows.

"BECAUSE I FUCKING TOLD YOU TO PRESS YOUR HIP AGAINST THE DAMN WALL AND YOU DIDN'T. SO, I MADE YOU DO IT!"

A warmth made its way over Y/N's face and she could feel it becoming redder by the second. The moment had caught her off guard, but she knew he was right. The rest of the climb was mostly silent as the pair finished their activity.

Entering her house Y/N makes her way to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. She thinks about her evening and smiles. Even though she wasn't able to see Kirishima she was thankful for Bakugo for distracting her from her disappointment. The ash-blonde was turning into one of her closest friends and it had happened quietly without either of them knowing.

She took out her phone and texted Bakugo about random subjects while she waited for Kirishima to call her as he promised. Eventually, she falls asleep on the couch, and just as she does she misses a call from her boyfriend.