twenty three

She laughed as I grabbed her shirt and tossed it back on the floor. "You don't need that."

"I want it."

"I want a lot of things." I smiled running my hand up her thigh and she closed her legs tightly and smiled at me.

"I can't walk now, no need to try further." She leaned up and kissed me.

"Although I'm not complaining this isn't why I came here tonight," I said as I ran a hand through her hair.

"I'm sorry... I just... needed you."

"I needed you too." After a while we made it to the bedroom and once round two... and three was over it was around five am and we both passed out.

I woke around noon and seen Billie still sleeping next to me, I smiled to myself and put my arm around her pulling her to me, she mumbled something and turned to me she opened her eyes for a split second and closed them again before going back to sleep. I grabbed my phone and seen a text from Garrett. 'assuming all is well?' I laid my phone down and got out of bed, I grabbed one of Billies shirts and pulled it on. I cooked breakfast, I made french toast and fruit salad. I went into the bedroom and seen Billie opening her eyes slowly. "I thought it was a dream." She mumbled.

"felt like one." I laid the tray on the bed and she sat up leaning towards me, I kissed her lightly and sat beside her. After we ate the dishes barely made it to the floor before Billie leaned over running her hand up under my shirt. "Really?" I smiled turning to look at her.

"I missed you."

"Me or my body?" I asked and pulled me towards her.

"Both." She ran her hand down my side and she grabbed my hip lightly.

"I have the kids." I mumbled.

"Why is everything so different in the moonlight? It's like daylight brakes and you think your carriage is a pumpkin again...."

"I'm not a princess." I rolled my eyes pulling on my pants.

"You're my princess."

"Fuck sakes," I mumbled letting my pants fall back to the floor as I crawled back onto the bed putting my lips on Billie's.

I walked into my apartment and Garrett was in the kitchen cutting up a pizza. "Well, that's not that shirt you left in last night."

"Hi, Garrett." I sighed.

"Mommy!" Bennie said running to me.

"Hi, mommy!" Tom yelled.

"Hello, my babies!" I leaned down and hugged him. "Are you guys having fun?" I asked.

"I go home." Bennie pouted.

"She had a bad morning," Garrett said as I picked her up.

"She says she wants to go home, but I tried to tell her this our home." Tom shrugged.

"Thank you, honey," I said ruffling his hair, he ran to Garrett and grabbed a piece of pizza. "Bennie, we aren't going back to the old house again." She pouted and laid her head against my chest.

"No." She mumbled. Once the kids and Garrett ate Bennie laid in my arms and fell to sleep and Tom went into his room to do school work.

"So, how'd last night go?" Garrett asked.

"We uh... didn't talk much."

"Of course not." He smiled. "Did you come to any conclusions though?"

"Um... we... both want something... we both want each other." I shrugged.

"So what's stopping you guys?" I look at him for a long minute.

"Nothing now... I guess I always thought I needed marriage to be happy but... I tried that and it didn't mean shit."

"You just so stubborn." He shook his head. "From day one I knew it was going to take a lot for you to actually let her love you... just didn't think it'd take this much." I sighed and nodded. I felt like an idiot for not seeing billies love as I should have... and after all this shit, she still loves me?