•Part 16•

I don't hide my eyes because of the pain and sadness in them but to hide the regret and sorrow.

After the long and tiring day, I finally got ready for the quidditch match. It was Gryffindors against Ravenclaws and every Gryffindor got bundled up in house clothing to show our spirit. I was wearing a Gryffindor scarf, a grey jumper, and just some black sweatpants.

When I got to the Gryffindor section it was snowing lightly. It was calming, but this was a big game for Gryffindor. They have not lost a game since last year and they just needed to win this one to make five winning games in a row.

The game began with a steady start. Gryffindor was up 50 to 30 and it was a fun game. You couldn't see the whole field since the snow was coming down pretty hard now. But the scorekeeper kept us updated while the crowds were going crazy.

The game was pretty close. Gryffindor won of course. Harry grabbed the snitch before the other team. It ended as 150 Gryffindor to 90 Ravenclaw.

—•—

Later that night during dinner, Hufflepuffs invited Slytherins, Gryffindors, and Ravenclaws to a party in their common room. Only 6 years though. Most Ravenclaws chose to not come since they didn't want house points taken away from them in case we got caught. That sure sounds like Ravenclaws. Some were still just mad that Gryffindors beat them. We were jamming to some music and drinking butter beers. Really just enjoying ourselves.

I noticed that Hermione was alone sitting by the fire. I hesitated, but still went to go and sit by her.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi," she said looking up.

"So what brings you here?" I said hesitating again.

"Oh, I'm just here to have fun I guess."

Silence

"What happened to your friends?"

"Probably getting drunk somewhere or flirting with boys," she said looking at the fire. "I'm sorry for ignoring you this year, I just wanted to make friends, and I did. So I tried to be more like them, to fit in."

"So that's why you changed your style?"

"Yeah, I really regret it though now that I see you."

"Well, I liked the old Hermione better," I said smiling.

"Me too."

After that, she went to go and get butterbeers for the both of us. I got up to go and take a breath of air outside the Hufflepuff common room. It brought me relief. Finally, one of my problems was solved.

"What are you doing here Sanders?" Malfoy said as he came up to me in his little friend group.

"Oh, you know just breathing," I said. "Am I not allowed to do that?"

"I never said that. We're you in there?" He said while looking at the Hufflepuff common room entrance.

"Yeah, does that surprise you?" I said annoyed.

"Yeah, I mean, a pathetic girl like you, shouldn't be up this late," he said while him and his friends laughed together.

"Don't tell me what to do."

"Make me," he said, crossing his arms.

I rolled my eyes and walked back into the common room. It was loud once again. I couldn't find Hermione, so I just went to sit down on one of the sofas. There wasn't as many people near the fire as there was before, so I wasn't getting squished.

On the other side of the sofa was a Slytherin. He looked like he was a friend of Malfoy since he shared the same look. When he noticed me looking at him, he smirked. Oh no, I thought to myself.

"What's your name?" He asked.

I took a moment to think to myself. Should I say my real name? Or should I lie?

"Allison Sanders," I said quietly.

"Huh?" He asked coming closer.

"Allison Sanders," I said backing away.

"Hey, sorry if I'm scaring you. Don't worry, I'm not like the others."

I laughed a little at that.

"You're probably wondering what my name is?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Theodore Nott. You can call me Theo by the way."

"And you can call me Ali," I said feeling more safe.

Silence

"So what brought you here?" He asked.

"Just wanted to get things off my mind," I answered. But before I could go on, Malfoy came over. His group was nowhere to be found. Just him.

Malfoy stood over both of us like a tower. He gave us a death stare before talking.

"What are you doing with him Ali?" He asked me.

"What I-" but before I could answer, Theo came in.

"We were just having a talk Malfoy. No need to worry."

Malfoy looked at both of us again.

"Ali never told me she had a boyfriend," Theo said.

He did not, I thought to myself.

"I'm not, we're not together," I said quickly.

"Oh," Theo said. "Sorry mate, but why are you so mad then?"

Silence.

All of a sudden, Malfoy charged at Theo. I got up right away trying to pull Malfoy off of Theo.

"Stop! Please, Malfoy get off of him. We were just talking," I yelled.

That didn't stop Malfoy. At this point, everyone was paying attention to Theo and Draco. Hermione came over and pulled me away.

"Are you crazy Ali! What were you doing out there?" She asked.

"I- I was just talking to him," I said hoping that they would soon stop.

Blaise jumped in and finally got Malfoy off of Nott. When Malfoy and Blaise were out of the way, I could see Theo. His hair was messed up and his noise looked crooked. He had scars all across his face and his shirt got ripped.

I tried to wake him up, but he was unconscious. Now someone is going to know we were partying.

When Theo was carried to the Hospital Wing, I decided it was time to leave, I was too tired to look for Hermione again. I felt bad, but I was about to drift off.

When I got close to the Gryffindor common room, I saw two people snogging in front of the painting and didn't want to disrupt them. I was really tired still so I just walked around the halls. It was dark, but I luckily had my wand with me.

I heard something so I turned off the light that my wand was making.

"What are you doing here?" A girl asked.

I could tell that she was in her sixth year too. When I saw her face, I knew exactly who it was. Daphne Greengrass. A girl who was in Slytherin. She seemed to be a quiet girl from my perspective.

"Oh, just taking a detour to my common room," I said.

"But isn't it just up this hall?" She asked politely.

"People snogging in front of it."

"Oh," she said in a shocked face. "What's your name?"

"Ali Sanders," I said, wondering if I should ask what her name was just to be polite. "Who are you again?"

"Daphne Greengrass," she said as she shook my hand.

"Well, it was nice to meet you," I said as we went our ways. She gave me a smile.