Hurt and grieve but don't suffer alone

Start from the beginning

One of her daintily manicured hands came to his throat, gripping it with as much might as he'd remembered. He looked back up, shaking and crying, and terrified. The spitter stood over Evangeline's crib, the infant's tiny screams still muffled over.

Its face warped into a smile as it spat.

Nick choked back a cry as he woke up, kicking himself out of bed before his brain could follow and sprinting toward to crib. He caught himself on it and looked in, ripping back the blue blanket to find an empty mattress. He gripped the side of the crib to keep from falling over. Tears blurred his vision and he wanted to scream.

Where was she? What happened?Whatdidhedo?WHerwaswhathappened?Isheokaywherewhatdisshedeadisshealivewherewashisbabywhathappenedbreakthecribwhathappenedwheretearyourhandsuponthebrokenwoodwhathappenedwheresnapyourcat'sneckwhatwhwereisshepaintyourskinwithyourownbloodwhatwhereisshewhatwhere

"...Nick?" A groggy voice asked.

Nick looked up, a mess of fear and intrusive thoughts melding, blurring, together like his vision. His hands tightened around the rail, shaking, mind screaming at him to slam against the lights, you'll feel better when you do! Pull out the cards! Get the dice!

"Nick! Nicholas! Hey, answer me Nick!" The voice said, quiet yet firm.

Did you lock the doors? What about the windows? You better check, after all where else could she have gone?

He blinked at the wall, the room suddenly brighter. He needed to check the windows. One of them had to be open. What else could've happened?

Nick spun, slamming into another body. The other almost fell back, catching them both just in time. A whimper left his throat as he wiped his eyes. He stared at his trembling hands, mind urging him to tear at his skin till it bleeds. The other person righted themselves and grabbed his wrists gently, pulling them down. Nick looked up.

Keith's thin brows furrowed, deep brown eyes shining with worry. One of his ivory hands released Nick's wrist and came up to cup his cheek. "Nick? Nick, baby, what happened?" He breathed.

Nick opened his mouth, only for a sob to escape as he crumpled to the floor. Keith followed, snaking his arms around his waist as he murmured comfort into his husband's hair.

Nick let himself cry into Keith's chest, gripping his shirt like a lifeline.

Keith pet at his curls, repeating, "You're okay, you're okay, your nightmares ain't real, they can't follow you here." while kissing his crown and rocking them both.

Eventually, Nick's tears waned, shaking eased, and quiet sobs turned into dry hiccups. He sat there for another moment, easing his breathing as he calmed. He pulled back, wiping at his cheeks. Keith took his hands, pulling them away, before kissing the corners of both of Nick's eyes and then his forehead.

He lifted Nick's chin, looking into his eyes, "Hey. You're okay. Everyone's okay. Nothin's got us."

Nick sniffed, taking a shallow breath and nodding, "I know, I know. I'm okay now."

Keith's thumb ran over his cheek, "You scared about the baby?"

Nick nodded.

Keith jerked his head to the right, "She's sleeping with us, remember?"

Nick looked in the direction he indicated. And lo, there was Evangeline, sleeping on El's rising and falling chest, her blue quilt draped over her.

He turned back to Keith, a soft smile gracing the other's freckled cheeks, "I'm sorry-"

Keith stopped him, holding his shoulders, "Nuh uh, don't apologize for something you can't control."

L4d 1 & 2 oneshots ❤ (CLOSED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara