{XIV} • Anniversary

Start from the beginning

Jungkook drove home and we got back upstairs. We lied down in bed and soon fell asleep. It still felt the same. You know? Just finding out that your boyfriend actually is a mafia billionaire, and it still not feeling different. That when you realise you love someone, no matter money or position.

~~~

"Tae, wake up! Quick!" Jungkook said while shaking my shoulder. I groan. "What?!" I say irritated. "It's already 13:00! We have an hour to prepare! Not to forget the team is coming in a few sec..." Jungkook got interrupted by the doorbell ringing. Jungkook jumped up and ran downstairs while I sighed and pulled the blanket over my head. I could hear Jungkook talking to the team as the blanket was thrown off of me. I tried to get it back, but my wrist was taken. Jimin pulled me up. "Come on! You need to eat." Jimin said while pulling me with him. I didn't even wake up properly. We walked down the stairs. "I see your tactic worked better than mine!" Jungkook smiled. I just gave Jungkook a: 'wait 'till we get home and you'll get with the slipper!' face. We all walked to the kitchen. Jin made breakfast. He insisted. "I just need you to blend in while keeping an eye on Taehyung, Hangseon and on the suspected people." Jungkook explained. "Should we buy them a present?" I ask. Jungkook gave me a glare. "For everything they've done to me, I wouldn't even give them shit. They don't deserve it." Jungkook said revengefully.

Jin gave us our breakfast and the team spread out. I saw Suga playing with Yeontan. It was adorable. When I finished I walked upstairs with Jungkook following me. "Should I put on that grey suit you bought me?" I ask. "Yes! That'll look amazing on you!" Jungkook said. I smiled and put the suit on. I walked into Jungkook's room. He was buttoning up his white blouse. I caught a glimpse of his sixpack. And I would lie if I would say I didn't feel a tiny bit turned on. Jungkook buttoned the last button and looked at me. "It looks really nice. Grey suits you." He said. I sat down on his bed and watched him put on the black black blazer that matched his black pants and shoes. Black matched well with the idea of him being a mafia boss. He turned around and noticed I was still here. "You need something?" He asked. I showed him the tie.

"I don't know how to tie a tie." I say. Jungkook chuckled. I stood up and gave the tie to him. Jungkook adjusted the tie and gave me a quick peck after that. "Perfect." He whispered. I felt butterflies in my stomach. Jungkook made me feel them all the time. We walked downstairs and the team stood up. We got into the car and Jin started the engine. "So aren't we taking guns with us?" I asked. "That's not our job for today, Taetae." Jungkook said. "We sent out other men that work for Jungkook. They have pictures of the people that they have to keep an eye on and they'll have a sniper aimed at them." Suga explained. "Your duty is to entertain yourself while staying on a safe distance from Hangseon." Jungkook said. I nodded.

Jin parked after a while. We all stepped out. I think the other members knew Jungkook and I had a relationship, but didn't know how to ask. I looked around and see a big house. It was black and grey. Jungkook's arm swung around my shoulder and took me with him to the entrance. "Names?" One of the guards asked. "Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung." Jungkook said. The man looked at the guest list. "There doesn't say anything about a Kim Taehyung." The guard said. "That's right, he's with me." Jungkook said impatiently. "I'm sorry, he can't go in." The guard said. Jungkook took an envelope out of his pocket. "What if we.... make a deal?" Jungkook said while giving the man the envelope. There was much in the envelope because it almost ripped open from the content. The guard took the envelope and nodded.

"How much did you put in the envelope?" I ask. "I don't know. Maybe you know the value of shredded paper?" Jungkook smirked.

The team spread as we all entered. Jungkook took me to the bar. "Do you prefer red or white wine?" Jungkook asked. "White." I answer. Jungkook took a glass and gave it to me. "Buttercream chardonnay, have you ever tried it?" I shake my head. I take a sip. It was buttery, very smooth. A croissant kind of taste. "We should drink this more often!" I say. Jungkook smiled and took a red wine for himself.