Twenty-Four || Snake

Start from the beginning

I smiled, not only at the reply but the name I saved him as. I thought it was very fitting. I also liked the way he addressed me in a formally joking way, he always did it ever since I ended up telling him my name a little while after we began texting each other. After exchanging a few more messages with him, I started to get ready, hoping that this meet up would bring an end to my boredom.

~

"Heyyy, theres the fool I've been searching for!"

I turned my body to look at the owner of the familiar voice. With a cheesy grin, Touma Yoshikage presented himself before me. "Did you wait long?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I just got here myself. I was admiring the flowers." I told him as I stared off at the happy little plants sprinkles around the fields.

The man showed an affectionate smile and pulled out a bouquet of roses from behind his back. "I'm relieved that you like flowers. I was worried you wouldn't appreciate this." I took the bouquet from his hands and observed the beauty held within the ruby plants. The rich red colour reminded me of a certain pair of eyes.

"Really? Flowers? That's a bit cliché." I smirked.

He nudged me jokingly before shoving his hands into the pockets of the beige blazer he wore over a white turtleneck. He looked like he belonged in an art museum. We walked together through the park. "So why did you ask me out today? You said no the last few times I suggested it..."

I held the flowers close to my chest and shrugged, "The situation back at my workplace was too boring. That's all." Touma skipped in front of me, grinning from ear-to-ear.

"So you think that I'd be fun?" I scoffed at his question and pushed his face away. He pouted childishly. "It wouldn't hurt you to just admit it." He said.

"I'd never admit to anything." I said truthfully.

He looked intrigued. "What does that mean?"

"Whatever you want it to mean."

The black-haired man smiled as we crossed the street and headed towards a small diner. "You remind me of a painting." He said.

"Oh?"

"Guernica. By Picasso, 1937."

I couldn't help but laugh at the answer. "So I remind you of the bombing in a Spanish town?" This fact was very amusing to me.

Touma scratched the back of his head and said, "I don't mean the reason for the painting, but the actual painting itself." I tilted my head so he continued, "You're overwhelming. The longer I look at you, the more things I notice. Theres so much about you and I just don't know where to focus." Nobody had ever compared me to a painting before, it felt nice. I wanted to continue this.

"What do you mean by 'overwhelming'?" I asked.

"I get the impression that there is a lot going on inside you." Touma said simply. "You were very distant and somewhat cautious when I first met you, I thought you would say no when I asked if I could take the seat, only to be surprised when you didn't mind." He paused, holding the door open for me. A waiter led us to a a table for two next to the windows. "You ignored most of my messages." He said again after we settled down, biting his lip. "And then, today, you asked if we could meet up out of nowhere."

A waiter arrived soon after, giving us both plates of sushi that Touma had ordered for us. "I still don't understand how you can link that to Picasso's Guernica." I chuckled softly as I watched him eat. "Do you look at paintings often?"

His head shot up as fast as lightening, eyes sparkling with glee. "I do!" He exclaimed like a child, making me giggle. "My entire home consists of famous paintings and sculptures actually, my father always brought incredibly expensive art pieces. I've always been someone to appreciate art." I took an egg nigiri between my chopsticks as he explained his passion.