Part 1- Day One

Enjoy this story! Like I've said before Tanaka is my favourite and soooo underrated. Haikyuu does not belong to me. This will follow the base timeline  but not fully I will change stuff.

Word count-1533

"Good morning big brother." I say happily. "Can you believe it? First day of high school, your baby sister is all grown up." I smile putting on the facade of fake confidence. In reality I feel like puking. Anyone would be nervous for their first day of high school.

"Ah shut up and get ready so I can take you to school. I'll make you an omelette." Keishin-nii groans still half asleep. Grabbing a frying pan out of the cabinet.

"Thank you!" I smile jogging down the hallway . Keishin-nii and I don't live in anything fancy. Just the space above the store. Our 'house' is 2 room, 1 bath with the kitchen attached to the living room which isn't that big on its own. But there are only two of us so it's not that bad.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face I dressed into my new uniform. Free of any wrinkles, clean and fresh. When it came to my hair I don't really know what to do. I only live with Keishin-nii and he can't do anything with my hair so I just leave it done and grab my bag pack.  I walk down to the kitchen where Keishin-nii  seems to be more awake. He hands me a plate with a veggie omelette and I thank him.

"So have you thought of what club to join? It's mandatory y'know." He asks grabbing a cigarette and placing it in his mouth before lighting it.

"That's gonna kill you." I sigh grabbing it from his hand and putting it out on the ash tray before I go grab scissors and cutting it in half which my dear brother sighs at. He can't get mad at me, he knows I'm right. 

"Let me have one!" He tries and protests.

"And yes I have. I'm gonna sign up for a manager position on the boys volley ball team. Y'know carry the tradition of many Ukai's before me." I ignore his previous statement.

"It's only been two Ukai's. It's not much of a tradition." He chuckles silently.

"Well gramps said it would make him happy and I'm not athletic enough to join the girls team so a manager sounded like a good compromise. Besides I like volley ball." I explain taking a bite of my food.  I finish my omelet and put it in the dishwasher. 

"C'mon get in the car." 

===============================================================================

I sat where I was assigned by Ms. Sasaki , my homeroom teacher. I was seated in between a tall blond boy who was behind a freckled boy. 

"Hi I'm Y/N. You are?" I ask . We are going g to be sitting next to each other for a while so might as well be nice.

"Kei Tsukishima." He says flatly and doesn't even spare me a glance. Rude.

" Sorry he is always like that. I'm Tadashi Yamaguchi. " the freckled boy chuckles.

" It's nice to meet you Yamaguchi - san. " 

===============================================

After school Club Activities

I knock on the grey gym doors holding my sign up papers. The door is opened by a very pretty girl. Black shiny hair, slim figure, pink glasses and even a beauty mark below her lip. This girl has to be a third year.

"Are you here to sign up for the volley ball club manager position? I'm Kiyoko Shimizu." She asks excitedly, almost in shock.

" Yes. I'm Y/N Ukai. " I bow slightly giving the girl a nervous smile.