Part 13 - Aoba Josiah

Enjoy!

"Good luck guys!" I cheer as I leave into the gymnasium to go up to the stands. 

"THANKS Y/N!" They all cheer and I smile as I leave.

I make my way up to the stands and sit near.  I stand at the front and hold onto the railing. I'm the only one cheering for the school. The girls team was with me for Date Tech's match but they went home.

Seijoh comes into the gym and on cue every girl in the gym is screaming 'OIKAWA!" I laugh a little. He was always a charming one. Oikawa looks up at the stars and we make I contact. 

"Wish me luck N/N-chan!" He calls out and I shake my head jokingly and point at my Karasuno jacket. II look at my team and Tanaka is not happy with Oikawa getting attention from girls and I giggle at the sight.

================================================================================

Tanaka can be an ace. He's almost is as powerful as Asahi. Once Asahi graduates Tanaka will be the one taking his place, I'm sure of it. Just now he is able to land a straight shot earning us another point after being targeted by Aoba Josiah's attacks and serves. 

I've only known Tanaka for a few months but I know he is one strong guy. Not just physical but mental. He never breaks for a long time. 5 minutes and he's fine. He knows the game well. He has the mental strength to be the ace - I know it and I'll be happy when he is given the title.

"YA TANKA!" I cheer after the score board changes and we receive anther point.

"THANKS Y/N!" He calls back to me and I smile. 

Seijoh win the last set but we just took this one. All we need is to win one more set and the game's ours.

================================================================================

Come on. Come on.

Come on freak quick. The set, the angle is perfect. Hinata jumps and spikes the ball but it's blocked by Kindaichi and I can feel all of our hearts sink. The ball falls to the floor as some of the guys try to receive it but it's done. We lost and will not be moving forward to the last round. Chin up boys.

Seijoh is cheering each other on and so are the viewers but I zone them out as I look at the two teams. Oikawa and Iwa look up at the stands and we make eye contact. I give him a smile and he gives me an apologetic one. Yahaba and I look at each other and he smirks as I turn away. Looks like he's the one who'll look at me with eyes of pity and not the other way around. 

The team lines up infant of the small amount of people watching the game and I look at all of them. They did well.

"Thank you for coming!" Daichi announces and the others follow.

"You played well! Chin up guys it's not the end of the world!" I smile at them and their mouths turn up a bit and I rush down to the gym entrance to greet them. We are all sad about the loss but all I can do is help cheer them up.

The boys step out of the gym along with Takeda, Kiyoko and my brother. I go up to the boys and give them a big hug.

"You played well guys." I say as they all let me go.

"C'mon lets get our things, clean ourselves up  and go get some dinner on me." Keishin-nii announces and we all walk away from the gym. From the loud cheers of the other team. I walk up to Hinata and Kageyama who are looking down onto the floor and put my hands on they shoulders.

"Chin up." I smile gently at them and walk ahead of them towards Tanaka, Noya and the third years.

Tanaka doesn't say anything but he grabs my hand as we walk down the hallway.

================================================================================

"Stop fighting. We lost there is nothing you can do about it, we just need to move on." I tell Kageyama and Hinata after I caught them fighting by the fountains. The stop and sit on the grass.

"Losing does not make you weak. Now you know the quick isn't unstoppable. Now at Spring High Prelims you know what not to do. All you need to do is find another move, another angle a different height. Next time you will now you need to play differently. You may have lost but now you are learning on what needs to be improved. Losing this game made you stronger." I tell them helping them get off from the floor. "C'mon we need to get onto the bus. It's already loaded.

We get onto the bus and I sit next to Tanaka. The bus is silent and some of the boys are starting to fall asleep. I look out the window. I feel a weight on my shoulder and I see Tanaka asleep leaning me as Noya leans on him and I smile a bit. I lean my head on Tanaka's a drift to sleep.

================================================================================

"Thanks for the food." We all say quietly as we begin eating. I'm in between Tanaka and Asahi who are shovelling food into their mouths.

"Eat well. That is how you repair muscle and get stronger. Eat slowly." Keishin-nii says and I smile a little. Gramps said similar things to him when he played. As the boys down their food they slowly begin to cry. We eat in a comfortable silence.

"You all should be proud of yourselves. You beat Date Tech who you weren't able to defeat before. You all leaned from this loss so keep your chins up." I say as we finish eating. The guys look at me and smile as their backs straighten.

''You sound like Gramps." Keishin-nii says.

"You do too. We learned from the best after all." I smile back at him.