Part 21 - Bigger Things

Enjoy! This is a shorter chapter - sorry!

We are practicing on the court an the Yachi, Kiyoko and I are tossing balls for them to spike. Yachi chases after a ball but Yahaba calls out to her.

"Excuse me! Could you get that please?" He smirks and I start making my way to Yachi. 

"LOOK OUT!" One of Seihoh's guys shouts and I run up to Yachi and stop the ball with my wrist before it can hit her as I glare at Yahaba and Kindaichi. Ryu comes up with the ball Yahaba threw and gently hands it to the boy before going up to me and kissing me on the lips. Once we pull apart Yahaba's eyes are angry and I pout in fake pity.

"Good luck Yahaba!" I say in a fake cheerful way as Yachi and I leave the gym to go up to the stands.

================================================================================

"T-they did it Yachi!" I cry as Seako takes Yachi and I to a bone crushing hug. The boys pile up on one another and scream in excitement. Yachi and I rush to the court and join the hug.

"YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!" Yachi and I scream before I go up to hug Ryu. Ryu pecks my lips before taking me in the air as I laugh. He hoists me on his shoulders and I look to Seijoh. I tap Ryu's head to tell him to let me down and he does. I walk up to Oikawa and Iwa and give them a hug.

"You played well." I tell them and they hug me back. I let go of them and make I contact with Yahaba. I do feel bad for him . They all played well. I smile apologetically to him and walk back to my team.

================================================================================

"So, Shiratoriawa next." I say to no one specific. We have a few minutes till the match and everyone is on edge. "You guys are gonna win." I say and look at the team and the grunt as they nod.

Yachi and I go up into the stand to watch the begging ceremony.The ceremony starts with the introducing of each team.  When its Ryu's turn I cheer as loud as possible. He goes up to high five Kiyoko, big brother and Takeda. 

When he high fives Kiyoko he does it so gently and blushes too. I feel myself frown. Ryu hasn't blushed for Kiyoko since we started dating, only praising her but he blushed today. I frown even more as I look at his red ears and blushing face.  He only blushed to Kiyoko when we weren't together. When he was sure his heart was set on Kiyoko, before I became an 'option' for him.

I never had a real chance did I?

================================================================================

They won. I won't tell Ryu anything until or if it gets bad I don't want to ruin anyones day. Yachi and I go down to the court and congratulate the team.

"KIYOKO!" Ryu screams rushing up to the girl along with Noya. I shake it off and go to the third years who are crying.

"YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!" I scream as I jump up and down in front of them before giving the a huge group hug. 

================================================================================

"So nationals are in a month." I say  as Ryu, Noya, Suga, Asahi, Daichi, Hinata, Kageyama, Tsukishima and Yams eat some pork bun outside of the store

"Lots of time to practice but first its Christmas than New Years!" Hinata says excitedly.

"Oh Gramps is coming over for Christmas Eve. Do you wanna come over?" I ask Ryu who looks at me shocked but not exited.

"Ya sure." He says and I nod quickly and look away. Everyone kinda gets awkward. I guess they were expecting him tone more exited. 

Sorry for the short chapter!