Chapter Fourteen.

Bear's hand clutched Gardenia's hand as they stood outside the building where the set exhibition that Gordon was at

Bear's hand clutched Gardenia's hand as they stood outside the building where the set exhibition that Gordon was at. She was nervous and her stomach was tossing and turning around. She exhaled as she looked at Bear, who was smiling so wide. He has been talking about the set exhibition all morning, and he was just so happy that his friend was going to show his art to people. "Come on, I'm ready to see it all!" Bear exclaimed with a small jumped. He started jumping in place, his curly hair bouncing with him. "Oh, I can't wait, I feel like I'm going to explode and confetti is going to shoot out of my ears then BOOM fireworks then Cher and Sonny starts singing!" Bear yelled theatrically then started making fireworks noises with his mouth.

Gardenia laughs because Bear is so theatrical.

"Interesting." Gardenia laughed.

Bear stops with his sound effects and he tugs Gardenia's hand. "Can we just go inside already? Bear retorted and Gardenia nodded.

They walked inside the building and everyone was dressed up all fancy and it was soft jazz music playing in the background. Gordon wasn't lying when he said it was a fancy exhibition. Gardenia was glad she dressed her and Bear up because they would be out of style if they did. She wore a maroon long sleeved midi dress that was flowy with some white ankle boots. Bear wear a gray button up with some black slacks and bus white keds.

People walked around and looked at the paintings. Gardenia was already in awe at some of the other artist paintings. She saw one with a couple holding hands and it made her frown a little because she hasn't talked to Harry yet and she basically pushed him away when she didn't mean to.

"Gardenia... Barry." Gordon's voice erupted behind him.

Gardenia and Bear turn around, Gordon tall, lanky stature walks towards them.

Gardenia immediately hugs Gordon, and she kisses his cheek. "Hey, look at you!" Gardenia says pulling away a little, she admired his attire. He wore a nice black suit and his hair was gelled back and out of his face. He looked different from the usual Gordon, she was so used to his flannel, torn up jeans and his dirty converse. "Yeah... I'm wearing a suit... a really nice lady let me borrow it." Gordon smiled and Bear hugs Gordon's leg. "You look so handsome." Bear chimed and Gordon ruffled Bear's hair. "Thank you, you look handsome as well." Gordon replied and Bear looks at him, he winks Gordon. "I know I do." Bear remarked making the two teenagers laugh.

Gordon held out both of his hands and the two siblings took his hand. "I'll take you to the best." Gordon says, and he guides through the crowds of people. It seemed like the closer they got closer and closer his paintings, the more people it seemed to be. Gardenia was afraid she would lose Bear in the midst of walking through them but the little boy maneuvered around the people like the little ninja he is.

They stopped where Gordon's paintings were displayed and there were people everywhere. Gordon had four pieces on display. The one with Gardenia that she didn't think he would paint, the oil paint with Bear and Gardenia that Gardenia hasn't seen, one with a little girl that Gardenia assumed was Gordon's little sister Dolly and the last one was a watercolor painting that Gardenia didn't know how to put into words because it was so beautiful. The painting was many things in one and it was confusing but really intriguing. But the one that people liked the most was the oil painting of Gardenia and the other with her little brother.