Aisling would have been perfectly happy to let the conversation end there, but she felt guilty. Lottie was clearly hurt.

“No, it’s not fine.” She persisted, stepping towards Lottie. “Because you’re my teammate, and I’ve pissed you off. But we honestly aren’t together, not like that. I mean, he’s not my boyfriend or anything.” 

“It’s just a bit shit, you know?” Tears were welling up in Lottie’s enormous, brown eyes. “Like, you’ve already got it all.” 

“I- what?!” Aisling exclaimed. 

“You’re gorgeous-” 

You’re gorgeous, Lottie.” 

“Yeah, true.” Lottie gave a watery smile. “But I’m a bitch. Everyone likes you, and you’re clever and funny and…” 

She trailed off, looking embarrassed. 

“I’m not jealous of you, or anything.” She said quickly, looking annoyed at herself. 

“I never said you were!” Aisling exclaimed, horrified. 

They shared an uncomfortable silence for a moment, before Lottie regained her composure. 

“Anyway, like I said, we aren’t together anymore.” She said, pulling her bag onto her shoulder. “So I guess it doesn’t matter.” 

“Right…” Aisling agreed uneasily. 

“So I guess it won’t matter if I shag Sirius Black, then?” Lottie asked, arching an eyebrow.” 

“What?!” 

“Oh come on.” Lottie rolled her eyes. “Everyone knows about your little encounter. That night we all went to The Hog’s Head.”

Aisling’s mouth dropped open. She stared at Lottie, unable to think of a response. Sirius had told people? She didn’t know why this shocked her, of course he had told people. He was Sirius fucking Black.

“Bastard.” She muttered under her breath, as she stalked past Lottie and out of the changing rooms

She sped up to the common room, assuming that was where he would be. She was right, it only took a few seconds to spot him. Sitting with James and Remus in front of the fire. 

“Can I have a word with you?” She said curtly, tapping him on the shoulder. 

“Uhhh…” He gaped at her, this was the first time they’d spoken since the chair incident. 

“In private.” She cut across him, looking anywhere except his eyes. 

“Sure.” He stood up, and followed her to the stairway up to the boys’ dormitories. 

They stood there for a minute in silence. Aisling was furious, and trying to gather her thoughts before she spoke. The last thing she needed was to explode in front of him again. 

“You told people.” She stated simply, still not looking at him. 

“Huh?” He was clearly confused. 

“You told people about...you know.” She fidgeted awkwardly on the step she was standing on. 

“Aisling, I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about.” 

Her stomach tightened when he said her name. Oh, piss off. She thought to herself.

“People know that we…” She hesitated, finally meeting his gaze. “Had s-” 

“Oh!” Dawning comprehension spread across his face. “Well, I haven’t told them.” 

“Well then who has?!” She hissed, still seething. “Because it certainly wasn’t me.”