Closing the box he held it to his heart. This was it. He was giving it all away. In four hours, he would be sinking or swimming, and his destiny would be set.

"Adrikins the limos here." Adrien threw his head back and groaned. Why did Felix have to copy everything Chloé did?

——————————————
11.35 pm

Marinette had managed to spend most of the night avoiding Adrien. She didn't want to see him until midnight. She didn't want the spell between them to be broken by reality. She was unbelievably nervous. In true Marinette style, she crashed straight into a dancing duo, as for the fourteenth time that evening she ducked in hiding from Adrien Agreste. Not that she was counting or anything.

"Ma-ma! Hey!"

"Oh Luka, Clara, I am so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going."

As Marinette looked up she noticed Adrien catch her eye. This was the first time that their eyes had locked this evening. He was talking to someone over the opposite side of the room. She couldn't quite tell who they were, except for the beauty radiating off her. Marinette was jealous. Well and truly jealous.

"Marinette, sweetie, are you ok?" Marinette's head shot up as she looked directly into the eyes of Clara Nightingale, who was wearing her design. An MDC for Agreste original, and she looked incredible.

"Oh wow! You look gorgeous, Clara. The dress is perfection."

She spun around giggling before grabbing Marinette's hands.

"Please will you do my next stage outfits? I've already spoken to Monsieur Agreste and he had agreed to it."

"You've ... you've spoken to Adrien?"

"Of course, dear! I wanted to snap you up. That guy thinks so highly of you, you'd think he was in love." She let out a giggle not noticing Marinette's face freeze.

"Clara, would it be ok for me to just have a quick conversation with Marinette?"

"Of course, Luka." She pecked him on the cheek before heading off to mingle.

——————————————
11.45 pm

Adrien has spotted his angel multiple times, but it was quite obvious to notice she was avoiding him. To be honest, he had no words for her at the moment either. He could rival her teen years with stuttering if he tried. As he wandered around he noticed she was talking to Clara and Luka. Clara had already mentioned taking Marinette on as her tour costume designer and he couldn't have been more proud. He found himself gushing about her before Luka pulled him to one side.

The conversation was apologetic, extremely apologetic but Adrien didn't know why. It was the past and they'd moved on. The two ended not just with a handshake but a full bro hug. Adrien couldn't help feeling glad to have Luka as a friend, he was a great guy.

Now as he walked he bumped straight into Kagami. She looked radiant, in her long length white and gold Japanese tradition inspired dress.

"Adrien." She stood onto her tiptoes and pressed her lips to his cheek.

"Kagami, you look beautiful." She smiled at him before bowing her head.

"Thank you, Adrien. Listen why you're here, I'd like to you meet someone." She turned away from him and grabbed the guy standing behind, talking to a model Adrien recognised from his modelling days.