Chapter 3

"We were
Just friends
That spoke like lovers
And that seemed to be enough for
Two teenagers who were scared to love
One another."

I run down at half, having seen Sidharth's bandage bleed up whilst he'd still continued to play. Making way through the main gym hall I find him sitting on the bench right outside the change room. He gave me smile as I walked up, sitting upright as I take the seat beside him giving him a slight glare. "Why do you always have to act like a kid when it comes to competition? Ek baa-"

Si - "Im not going to put my team in danger of losing the place in finals for a cut Shehnaaz."

"But the team can leave you in danger of getting more hurt?" I ask unwrapping the now red bandage. Pulling out the spray I'd brought along I take a hold of his palm knowing well he'd jerk it away feeling the mist otherwise. He hissed the second I spray it across the cut cleaning off the recent blood. "Water refill?" I ask taking the seemingly empty bottle from beside him. He gave me a quick nod eyeing the now rewrapped hand. I head down the hall to the water fountain, filling the bottle up to the tip before getting myself a drink as well, the constant cheering having cost my voice.

"Upar kya hua tha? It looked like you got into a verbal spat with her" Sidharth chuckled eyeing me stare down the girl I'd met upstairs. She'd been everything but a good sport. To start off with she'd tried getting me to move, calling the seat her own in a tone that I couldn't stand and hence I shooed her off. Only for her to continue shouting the entirety of the first half of the game, making me give up on staying silent and shut her off. "It was nothing-"

G - "Nothing that caused the entire gym to await what would happen at break right?"

I laugh in response letting him sit down on my other side, pushing me towards Sidharth, the cold tension quite clear. "Its not my fault that everyone found my tiff more interesting than the game. The score is a literal joke, enough to shut her up itself." I mumble looking back up at the score board. Our team was exactly 32 points ahead. "You'd think someone whose known for stopping fights wouldn't be a part of a verbal spat during a basketball match but seemingly thats not the case." Gautam continued laughing along with Sidharth. I was sure I hadn't seen them laughing together for almost over a year. I let a smug smile stretch against my lips. "I didn't know one tiff of mine would resolve the tension between the both of you" I say giggling as they took the same into realization. "Abhi please iss baare mein soch kr awkward mat kro, the both of you can be normal too. And Sidharth take it easy on court. I don't need you getting angry right now." I continue patting Sidharth's knee as I go to get up and sit myself back upstairs.

Si - "Only if you agree to something I ask for"

I give him a questionable look, piercing my lips before passing him a nod. "Come to the after party" he murmured standing up before me himself. I let my lips stretch into a smile, shaking my head at the mention. "Done.. as long as I can dodge having to come to school for 2 weeks without you" I sigh racing back upstairs.

The game ends 45 minutes later. The last 15 of which I'd spent outside their locker room after having to have gone and dealt with Disha outside. Disha was the same girl from before halftime. The things she'd said didn't go too well with me and I certainly wasn't raised to silently deal with someone's bullshit. Hence the occurrence of another one of my own innumerable fight. The verbal spat had lasted only a few minutes thankfully leaving me enough time to catch up on the score and make way to the corridor outside the locker rooms.

"Congratulations!!!" I shriek jumping into Sidharth the second he stepped outside. He let out a chuckle balancing us whilst wrapping his arms around my waist, holding me up against him. "You did so good.. that too without any calls" I murmur falling to my feet as his hold loosened.