The Clumsy Princess - Part 2

"This is so fun!", Kiraz zipped past Ali for the nth time in the past one hour. After falling on her butt multiple times and laughing at herself Kiraz had finally gotten the hang of ice skating and was now zooming around the skating rink like an expert.

Ali who could not keep up with her energy was leaning on the barrier watching her skate past her long curly brown hair dancing in the breeze. Kiraz's full cheeks were pink from the cold and the tip of her nose had turned red yet she looked beautiful to Ali.

"She's a real cute one isn't she?", Ali turned to find Melek staring at him with a bemused expression. Ali shrugged. "She's ok.", he answered trying to hide the slight blush travelling up his neck. Melek grinned. "Okay? Ali the way you look at this girl like she is the most beautiful woman on earth is not something I can miss.", Ali cleared his throat at Melek's teasing words.

"Melek I told you. She is okay. She is not that beautiful.", Ali's eyes went to Kiraz who was playing around with two little girls on the rink. "Sure. If you say so.", Melek laughed and skated to Kiraz. Ali watched Kiraz give Melek a bright smile and his heart flip-flopped.

"She's not that beautiful.", Ali repeated those words to himself unconvincingly. "Soo..", Kiraz heard the question in Melek's voice. She turned to the taller woman rather confused. "So?", she stared at Melek. "Are you and Ali together?", Melek smiled.

Kiraz was puzzled. "Yes, I came here together with him.", she answered and Melek dissolved into giggles. "No you silly goose. I didn't mean it that way. I mean are you and Ali in love?". Melek saw Kiraz gasp at that question. "In love? I..", Kiraz trailed off. Melek's smile grew wider.

"You love him don't you?", Kiraz's head shot up in shock. "No.. I.. He gave me shelter when I needed it the most. Commissioner always says I'm Uncle Osman's emanet. That's all.", Kiraz smiled sadly. That was the truth. Ali had never said she was more to him than the responsibility that Uncle Osman entrusted him with.

"He's never told you that he loved you?", Melek asked curiously. "No, why would he?", Kiraz's brows furrowed. "Because he..", Melek's voice trailed off when she saw Ali approaching them. "What are you chatting about instead of skating?", he gave them a curious look.

Kiraz and Melek fell silent. "Nothing. We were talking about the weather. Come on then Ali. Do you want to skate? I'll race you to the other end of the rink.", Melek started with a laugh. Kiraz watched Ali chase after her the sad smile appearing on her round face once more. "They are a perfect match.", she couldn't help but feel a stab of pain and jealousy deep in her heart.

"The food here is delicious.", Kiraz licked the salt off her fingers. Ali and her were sharing a plate of french fries and cups of hot coffee at the little cafe by the skating rink. The duo had taken some time off skating to have a quick bite. The cafe was also owned by Melek and the food was hand made by her from scratch.

"Melek is a talented woman." Ali said not noticing the sadness in Kiraz's green eyes. "You like her a lot Commissioner.", she said out loud despite herself. Ali's brows rose. "She's a good friend.", he replied with a shrug. Kiraz nodded silently taking a sip out of her coffee.

"You have been acting strange ever since you heard about Melek. What's the matter?", Ali asked after a few minutes of silence. "Nothing. I am not acting strange. I am myself.", Kiraz answered to which Ali's brows furrowed.

"Are you jealous?", Kiraz choked on  her coffee. "No. Of course not.", her cheeks turned a lovely shade of pink. Ali smirked. "You have coffee foam on your face. Goofy.", Ali reached up and wiped the foam off the top of Kiraz's full lips his fingers grazing the soft skin.

Ali stopped short and stared at her. Kiraz stared back her green eyes shining. She caught herself first and moved away from the blush still apparent on her cheeks. Clearing her throat Kiraz reached for the final fry on the plate when Ali stopped her.

"That belongs to me.", his tone was serious. Kiraz rolled her eyes. "Ladies first.", she answered. "Only in the queue for the bathroom.", Ali retorted to which Kiraz giggled. "Fine. You have it.", she smiled. Ali grinned back and pushed the fry to her. "I was just playing. Have it.", Kiraz took the fry and broke it into two. "Let's share.", she said sweetly. Ali felt himself staring at her once again.

"Why are you looking at me like that?", Kiraz stopped chewing and gazed back at Ali. He shook his head. "I thought you had coffee foam on your face again.", Ali lied feeling ashamed of himself. "Oh.", Kiraz's eyes clouded over as she grabbed her coffee cup.

Ali sighed. He could speak to Kiraz about most things but when it came to confronting his feelings Ali lost his tongue. Ali took a sip of his coffee staring at Kiraz who was waving at a baby seated nearby with her parents.

"It looks like a different place altogether. Look at all the pretty lights.", Kiraz pointed up at the twinkling silver lights strung up across the whole skating rink. It was close to Christmas time and Melek had decorated the skating rink according to the festivities. The entire rink was glowing an ethereal silver due to the multitude of lights all across it.

"Melek has done a wonderful job decorating the rink. She is..", Ali was cut short by Kiraz. "She is a talented woman.", Kiraz smiled at him. Ali glanced at her. She seemed sad. "Are you okay?", he asked her. "I'm fine. Let's skate.", she brushed off the question and headed into the rink with a grin. Ali watched her for a few moments before following suit.

~ End of Part 2 ~