Rolling Girl-Hatsune Miku

Rolling girl is a very popular song, but what does it mean?

There are many takes of the song, such as giving up, bullying, suicide and other types of things, but, it could be a mixture of all of them,

I think that she is giving up on life, because people bully her and tell her that she is a failure. She harms herself, as rolling (i found this out through a comment) is a metaphor for 'cutting'. She tries to commit suicide, but someone helps her.

When it is mentioned that she dreams of things that she can never reach, it means that she is probably dreaming of something to escape from the real world and everything that is going wrong in her life. The voices in her head mean that she could probably be insane, or the depression is horribly bad.

During the song, the lyrics '"No problem" Was easily whispered'. It means that Miku tried to hide her suffering with a false smile and words, but the bystander, the boy, knows she is lying.

When she says "Just once more, just once more, just another day to roll again." It means that she doesn't want to give up hurting herself, as its the only thing taking her mind off anything that is going on in reality.

Just before the end of the song, she tries to commit suicide, probably jumping, because in the pre-chorus, the literal translation is "How can she possibly turn out fine when the hilly roads entice her and cause her to make mistakes."

In the PV, at one point I thought I saw her mouth "I'm sorry" repeatedly. The boy, even though in the end he helps her, is seen verbally bullying her, or putting her down. Maybe this shows a case of 'wanting to fit in with the crowd' (too long of a name thing DX). What I mean is that he doesn't want to be teased by helping her, so he has to say bad things to her.

Also, in the PV, it shows Miku beaten up badly. This could be two things: 1. She is being physically bullied 2. She is harming herself by cutting, or putting herself down, which can harm someone emotionally.

Something that i have picked up in the PV, that most people might not have noticed is that the two speakers surrounding Miku. They both move in the intro and music breaks. During the intro, they both move. In one of the music breaks, the left one is moving only, while Miku is on the right, but when the boy appears on the left, they both work. This could be that the fact that Miku has given up, that she can't do anything (Or in this case, the speaker won't move) or it could be because she often feels like she fails, so she doesn't want to make anything worse by doing something

The song itself is in 3rd person, probably the bystander. The boy in the PV is most commonly assumed to be Kaito.

So, really, you guys could all be right on the meaning of the song.

A/N: Hey guys! I love this song, and i can sing almost all of it in Japanese. I made English fan-lyrics for the song as well ;) Anyways, i might not be updating very often, because i have school tomorrow. Surprisingly, i am very excited! >w< Anyways, hope you enjoy. VOCALOID ON~!