Clean Freak- GUMI

In my opinion, this song is talking about how society is.

It talks about many negative aspects, such as physical appearance (not necessarily a bad thing, but the way media portrays it is awful), bullying, betrayal and hypocrisy.

At the beginning of the song, its mentions 'unclean feelings'. This could be the negative aspects of society that I have listed down above.

 As you know, a clean freak (Aka. A neat freak) is a person who is compulsive about cleanliness, and in this song, its used as a metaphor. This metaphor's meaning is that the word is quite dirty because of the negativity and this person realises it and tries to make it cleaner, but it just keeps piling up and coming back to make it dirty again. The paper represents the fact that it litters the place. In movies, animations and even anime, it is shown that, when a student is made to write something or draw something, and they have no ideas, then they just throw it away and their aim is usually off, so it just clutters the floor. This 'clutter' in the song, is the negativity shown by most people nowadays.

She mentions that people say that they are different, but in the end they all have the same pleasures and values. This shows that everyone expects something specific or what everyone else wants. In short, conformity. People use the excuse as "We are only human." to either cover up their mistakes sometimes.

Making a textbook with proper definitions means that nobody uses words in context anymore, and that it always changes meaning and usually the new meaning has nothing to do with the old meaning, so it usually just ends up being inaccurate.

The pure and proper boy-girl relationships means that being heterosexual is considered normal, whereas any other sexuality is normally considered gross or an abomination or etc...

The pretending to understand each other when we feel lonely is when we don't really consider other people's feelings and just go along with it to seem like a 'better person'.

She says that the human race is pretty useless, but its already much to late because we can't really do much about it because its already seen as the 'norm'. She says "With our dirtied feelings, don't touch me." Its because she doesn't want to become negative and be affected by everyone else's bad attitude. Hearts of Stone means that we don't show any empathy or show false empathy/sympathy.

The sob stories are when people make a big deal out of their problems, or even make them up, to get attention and that they are not trying to do anything about their problems except complain about them.

Poking fun and jeering are forms of verbal bullying, and when their done no one laughs anymore, and she finds it strange. This shows that bullying eventually stops because the 'fun' wears off.

She mentions that people are obsessed with their personal appearance, as if everyone is their enemy, because everyone is so judgemental.

The doll in the pre-chorus represents a persons friend, and when the person throws them away and finds a new one, they say that they are the only one they have, means that people continuously ditch their current friend, and when they don't like them anymore, they leave them and find a new friend, claiming that they are their first/only true friend, and the cycle continues.

But in the end its like that, means that it can't be helped and these things with always continue to happen.

Being dyed in a dirty colour could refer to the fact that its tainting our own selves as we continue to do bad things. It can also refer to tainting our reputation, as people might start to distrust us.

In the bridge we see that a girl enters the scene, saying to him "Don't push yourself." He is on the verge of tears because no one really says that, and he is happy that he has finally found a person who isn't selfish, because she seems to be quite caring and selfless.

He doesn't want to see anything anymore because, in a way, everything has become dirty.

Some of the lines in the chorus repeat from the first chorus. Phrases like 'This world is filled with egoism, even taking a breath is difficult.' Egoism is being ahead of oneself or being arrogant. Taking a breath is difficult because everyone competes to be the best at everything, and it could mean that even doing such a simple action would end up being a competition.

So, in short, this song is about the negatives on society. 

A/N: Finally, I finished the chapter! It took long enough XD Anyways, my computer is being an ass because it won't charge at all... It just says 0%, even though its plugged in. If I unplug it, it'll turn off. I've tried to reset it to factory defaults, refreshing it, changing chargers and etc... But I can't take out the battery cuz its a Microsoft Surface 2, and it'll destroy the components inside if we even tried to take the battery out and putting it back in. So for now, i'm just gonna use it while its on a charger. VOCALOID ON~! 

Ps. Thanks for the 100+ followers and the 10k+ reads on this! I am glad that people are taking this well, and I am glad to help people understand vocaloid songs. Thanks so much for putting up with my on and off hiatus' and barely uploading anything. I hope you continue to enjoy my books!