He walks out pouting. I laugh and kiss him on the cheek.

"Race you!" I say taking off to the justice building.

He is faster then me there is no doubt about that. He wins obviously. I check in and go to the group of fifteen year old girls. Finnick sits with the other victors.

They play the video we have all heard too many times. Blah blah blah reballion blah blah blah don't do it again blah blah blah kill kids.

"Okay ladies first." The escort says.

Everyone looks around nervously. I try my best to stay calm. I look over at Finnick who seems more calm them earlier. The escort puts her hand on the bowl full of names picking a random one from the top.

She unfolds it carefully. My heart is beating fast. The girls around me all stay silent but the anticipation is making me want to scream.

"Dahlia Rodrigues" She says simply.

I look around for someone, anyone willing to vollenteer. I see Finnick panic is in his eyes but he manages to look calm. I quickly calm myself down and walk out with my head held high.

I look way more confident then I feel. When I get up there I stay silent looking out at the crowd. I take my hands out of the fists they were in. Calming down quickly, ignoring the knot in my stomach.

I can't give them the satisfaction of me being angry. I am known for being laid back in district four so I may as well keep that act up.

"Now for the boys." The escort says.

She reaches into the bowl and pulls a slip of paper. She unfolds it but she seems to wait less time to read the name.

"David Hughes." She says.

Before anyone can even try to find the boy a voice pipes up.

"I vollenteer as tribute." A boy about eighteen says.

He has brown ashy hair with striking blue eyes. He is muscular, obviously a student at the academy where they train the kids for the games.

"What's your name?" The escort asks him.

"Devan Atreo." He says standing at least a foot taller then me.

"Well a round of applause for this years tributes Devan and Dahlia!" The escort says.

The crowd erupts into cheers. We both walk into the justice building. Devan goes to talk with his family well I just go to the train. No one would come to visit me there is no point in sitting around waiting for something that is not coming.

When I get in the train I see Finnick nervously pacing the floor.

"Well I guess you told me so." I say sitting down smiling, I still have to be strong for him. Even if I'm just within deaths grasps.

He just chuckles a little and shakes his head.

"This is serious you know that right?" Finnick says.

"Yeah I do, but how hard could it be?" I ask. Harder than I'm making it seem.

He gives me a 'your joking right?' look and I chuckle.