Thursday 20th December [Marinette]

Start from the beginning

"Completely and utterly in love with." Marinette sighed before continuing. "Well, what if two guys who I love are, actually, just one guy?"

"No way! Your papa was spot on:" Alya spoke out exuberantly. The baby responded in a loud cooing noise, obviously delighted with her mother's actions.

"Yep."

"So what are you going to do now? Are you together? Have you kissed him? Are you going to get married? I always knew you were soulmates. This is so exciting!"

"Calm down Cupid!" Marinette laughed. "Yes, we've kissed a couple of times. We're not together yet, and I hope we are. It's just something still doesn't click right."

"What do you mean?" As she moved the now sleeping baby into the crook of her arm.

Marinette stroked the fine strands of hair on the baby's head.

"You know you need to give her a name right? Poor thing can't be baby girl forever!"

"I prefer to wait for Nino," Alya explained. "Perhaps it's one way we can talk if he ever comes back to see us."

"I'm sure he will. He's just struggling as much as you are. A therapist is coming this afternoon and Nino's been invited too."

Alya sighed.

"I thought we agreed to talk about your mess, not mine!"

"Sorry." Marinette placed her hands in the air surrendering as she looked at her friend. "So yeah, something still isn't quite right. It's as though I still can't quite see Adrien as Chat. I can't see him as the guy I have such an intense history with. It's as if I'm waiting for one more sign."

Miraculously as if by magic Marinette's phone bleeped.

"Speak of the God of Destruction and he appears."

"Oh, wow! You're texting each other? Haven't you got Adrien's number in your phone as Adrien though?"

"I believe, from what I can figure out, he texts me as Chat from his personal phone and then as Adrien from his work phone."

"Clever kitty!"

"I know right! I don't think he knows that I know yet, or at least has it confirmed in his head."

"So you're messing with him right?" Alya asked.

"Oh yes!" Marinette responded a smile stretching over her lips. "He's been sending me clues each day. I've managed to hit a few responses back at him via text and in real life, but perhaps you could help?"

Alya's eyes lit up in a way that Marinette hadn't seen since she'd returned from the temple.

"Give me your phone." The two girls swapped. Baby for the phone. "The password still the same?"

"Yep, it was too hard to think of a new one." Alya laughed as she unlocked her best friends phone. Marinette looked in awe of the teen mum. Perhaps she just needed a chance for freedom away from the stress of her own life. Well, in that case, Marinette was more than willing to give her an inch of her life as a respite.

"Before I open this message, you two haven't been doing anything kinky have you?"

"No, Alya! Neither of us is like that!" Alya nodded giggling like a giddy school girl.

"Ok, ok." She coughed, "Here we go! Clue six. You were my first kiss, my first real female friend, my first friend to go to the cinema with or to a concert with. You were also my first and second true love, even though technically you are only one. I feel for you in mask and out. You have been my heart, my soul and my best friend for six years, and I don't want to spend another day without you by my side." Alya turned her head to look at Marinette.