Chapter 9: Becoming Free

Start from the beginning

He looked up at me with a little shock in his eyes.

“You’re perfect” he mumbled

“I’m far from it” I smiled “Let’s go to the beach” I said getting up and pulling him with me.

We got onto his bike and started driving. We passed my old house on the way there and I realized that my dad had thrown everything of mine into our yard. Everything that resembled me was in the trash getting tossed away. I couldn’t help it I let a tear slide and another. I was shaking and Nate had pulled over to check on me.

“Princess please stop crying I hate seeing you like this” he pleaded

“I-I-I c-can’t, h-h-he th-hrow ou-ut a-a-all my st-t-uff, ev-v-v-veryt-thing” I cried into his chest.

“Its ok princess you’ll get through this, I’m going to help you get through all this”

My tears were slowing and finally they stopped.

“Thank you” I said     

“I’ll always be there for you, I promise” he stated cupping my face.

 I smiled up at him and he kissed me as soft as he could.

“Ok now we can go to the beach” I smirked

He nodded and we got back onto the bike and headed off towards the beach. We finally reached the beach after about an hour of riding. I jumped off from behind him running towards the water as fast as I could. I could hear Nate running behind me and since he was faster than me he caught up behind me. He wrapped his arms around me lifting me up right before my feet touched the water. I giggled the entire time. He turned me around making it to where I was facing him. I had my arms wrapped around him neck and my legs around his waist.

He ran us towards the water. Once he was waist deep he looked at me smirking and I knew exactly what he was doing.

“Nate please don’t” I giggled wrapping my arms tightly around his neck.

“To late” he said talking my arms and then throwing me into the water.

I was swarmed with water before I knew it. I was already agitated and now pissed. That was the wrong move on his part. I came back up to the surface and sure enough Nate was standing there smirking at me. I pouted at him starting with my plan to get back at him. He smiled and moved closer to me trying to go in for a kiss. And right when he was an inch away from my face I yelled

“RAPE! RAPE! SOMEONE HELP ME! HE’S TRYING TO RAPE ME”

By now he was already shocked mouth hanging open staring at me in shocked.

“Kailey stop I’m sorry I should have thrown you” he pleaded for me to stop.

“Fine” I said laughing at him”

“That wasn’t nice at all” he said

“Neither was throwing me into the water” I stated smirking at him

“You’re right I’m sorry” he said hugging me then kissing the told of my head

I nodded then ducked under and went swimming.

I kept thinking about what has all happened this week. I can’t believe everything that I had learned. My dad, the one person I had always looked up to is now someone I hate with everything I had inside me. I don’t know how I didn’t see this coming. My mom was always away and my dad did spend a lot of time at ‘work’, but I never wanted to believe that he would actually do something like this. I hate him so much and I hate myself, because what he said was true all I am is a whore like my mother. I barely know Nate and I’m over here making out with him.

I had been under water for far too long now. My lungs are burning for air, but I don’t have the will to swim back up to the surface. I can hear Nate yelling my name trying to find me, realizing too that I had been under water for so long.

I wish I didn’t want to leave, because if I leave I leave Nate all alone, but he’s been alone before and he’s fine, so he should be fine. I sure hope he will, because I’m not fine and I no longer want to be here.

“KAILEY” I heard him yell before I went numb and left the world forever. . . .