Two: World's Worst Sales Pitch

Start from the beginning

Half an hour later, and somehow the two of you ended up in the aisle with the pet toys. As a 'fuck you' to the fear the masked man had inspired in you, you threw social caution to the wind as you chucked a rubber bone at Harry's face. It made comically a loud squeal as it hit the tile floor. He burst out laughing, chucking it back at your head, and proceeded to look for the weirdest dog toy he could find.

This came in the form of a rubber waffle, slapping you in the back of the head when you turned away. The weird light brown square was patchy and looked altogether ridiculous and out of place. It was a bit deflated, crinkling in places that a waffle should not crinkle. You grinned as you picked it back up, going over to where Harry stood in front of an impressive display of food-themed dog toys.

"You think we should get a dog, (y/n)?" He mused, fiddling with a rubber ice cream cone.

You hummed. "I'm more of a cat girl, myself." Your apartment building allowed pets up to a certain size, but money was tight so you'd never seriously considered getting one.

Harry shrugged. "Might make you feel safer at home."

You nodded, "We could get an attack cat!" Harry had always wanted a dog, but he had never been allowed one growing up. "Besides, you're allergic."

He grinned, petty argument ensuing. "I'd live. Besides, I'd walk him every day! I know you'd forget."

"Already decided on a boy, have you?" You cheekily smiled, putting the waffle away.

"Mm. I'd name him Ripper." You knew that he knew the name would piss you off, but you played along anyway.

"Yeurgh." You scrunched your nose up exaggeratedly. "I'd only let you name a dog that if it was like... a fluffy toy poodle."

"That's a girls dog!" Harry childishly remarked to no one in particular, turning away from you to saunter further down the aisle. You followed, hand idly grazing the shelves.

"I'm gonna look at their work out stuff, that okay?" Harry said as you both reached the end of the aisle.

You hesitated for a second, then nodded, deciding to be brave. "I'm actually out of shampoo. Gonna go look for some."

He looked over at you, (h/c) eyebrows creasing. "You sure? I can come with you in a sec."

You shook your head, waving him off, needing to be independent for a few minutes. You'd be fine, you were sure. It was just a Walmart, what was the worst that could happen? "I'll meet you at the checkout in five."

You made your way to the said aisle. A million different varieties of shampoo were laid out before you. You beelined for your favourite scent, then turned straight away to exit the aisle. You wanted to spend as little time in the enclosed space as possible, just in case.

As you retreated back towards the checkout, you heard heavy footsteps keeping pace behind you. You tried to think nothing of it, you really did, telling yourself it was just another customer who wanted to wash their hair. You had to stop being so easily frightened.

The footsteps grew faster, thud thud thud. You were tempted to break into a run, but you steeled yourself. No acting like crazy woman in Walmart today. Whoever the other customer was, they were right behind you now. But they didn't overtake you, instead the sound of footsteps suddenly stopped. They must've found their shampoo brand, you reassured yourself.

THUMP.

Something fell to the floor behind you. You couldn't help yourself, turning over your shoulder sharply to look at whatever had been knocked off the shelf. Big mistake.