Anguish and Acusations

You didn't trust Loba Andandre one damn bit. 

Her flirtations, her motives, her mystery. You didn't like her attitude. 

So when you and all the other apex legends heard her proposition, for some sort of treasure, with dangerous missions, you wanted no part of it. Her silver tongued threats did not affect you or Crypto, but they had the rest of the legends wrapped around her finger. This mysterious artifact we were just supposed to build and gather for her, no questions asked, smelled like a fish market in the afternoon. Still, though, you went with the majority and agreed to this suspect request from the thief. 

It was clear the other legends didn't trust her, either, as they began their own investigation into what Loba's true intentions were. 

The first mission, as suspected, was dangerous. The night prowlers were ruthlessly violent and were more unpredictable than a regular legend on the battlefield. You managed to get by with only a few scrapes and bruises, but another legend wasn't so lucky.

You were open with most legends, but you hadn't gotten very close to Wattson over your time here at the apex games. However, when you heard her straining, fading voice over the comms, your heart nearly shattered. You couldn't imagine how someone like Wraith or even Caustic was feeling right now. You completed the mission, got the artifact, and headed back to base, where Wattson was laying in a bed, covered in tubes and bandages. 

Wraith was holding Wattson's still hand, head hung low. Caustic was standing behind her, and you could feel the sorrow, as well as rage coming off of him. Crypto was in the corner, as he seemingly always was, and he sent you a subtle smile of relief when you walked in, happy that you were safe. His smile faded however when you heard the unfamiliar sound of clicking heels behind you. Loba. You saw Caustic's shoulders tense up at the sound, and more quickly than you'd ever seen him move, he was standing up and heading your way. 

Before you could move, you were shoved aside by the large man.

"Agassi!" Crypto shouted, heading over to the conflict. 

"Miss Andandre." Caustics voice boomed behind you, towards Loba. 

"I understand the mission didn't go perfect- guh!" Loba didn't get to finish her sentence, a gloved hand was around her throat, and she was pressed against the nearest wall. 

Crypto instinctively stepped in front of you, as you both watched the conflict unfold. 

"You had better explain yourself." The doctor glanced towards Wattson's still body.

"For your sake." He locked eyes with the apprehended woman. 

So, it all spilled out. Her true motive, to give this built artifact to Hammond robotics in exchange for Revenant's source code, so she can kill the demon for sure this time. 

Loba just moved up on your list.

You and Crypto locked eyes momentarily when she stated she wanted to kill the simulacrum, and your hopes actually got higher. He may not have been sent for you, but not having him around anymore would save you from some nightmares. No more of the image of him slicing you open, and the perminant image you had of him killing crypto would maybe even fade. A part of your past wouldn't be clinging around anymore, there woulnd't be something knawing at your brain day by day. The sound of his totem wouln't send shivers down your spine. You'd be rid of him. 

The legends fought with eachother, arguing over the idea of giving something unknown to hammond. You weren't listening. Your head was going a mile a minuite, thinking about the information laid out to you by Loba. 

Revenant. Can. Die. I. Can. Kill. Him. 

he can die! he can die! he can die he can die he can die he can die he can die he can die he can-

"Agassi." Crypto placed his hands on both of your shoulders, startling you out of your rapid, uneasing thoughts. Your eyes met with his, and your shoulders stopped being tense, and you took a deep breath out. You glanced over to where the rest of the legends continued to bicker. 

"Crypto, what do you think?" You said, slowly turning back to him.

"Giving people like hammond robotics something we don't know about unnerves me." He started, "But having someone like Rev gone would make life easier for you. So I'm in." He smiled breifly, reassuringly. 

After much discussion, the apex team decided to continue the hunt for the artifacts. Wattson slowly recovered, and she as well as Crypto focused on building the artifact as it was gathered piece by piece. Things were gowing smoothly, well, as smoothly as things could go when an entire team didn't trust the person leading them. Each night, you'd return home with Crypto, eat together, and fall asleep together. You began to feel comfortable with him, seriously and genuinely comfortable. 

Of course, nothing good can ever last.

The suspicion of a rat in the group began three weeks ago, and was finally boiling over. 

"No, no, I'm telling you, hack can't be hacked!" Crypto pleaded. 

"Admit it, Crypto! You ratted us out!" Mirage yelled. 

"Crypto, you must see how this looks for you, amigo." Octane jumped in.

"You were alone for some time with miss Paquette, were you trying to ruin her mind?" Caustic said, with venom behind his voice. 

The yelling got louder, and louder. The only two people not involved in the screaming match were you and Natalie.

Natalie was covering her ears, and began to sink to the floor. All the noise was beggining to be too much for her.

You had your hand over your chest, because it hurt. Like some sicko was playing guitar with your heartstrings. Tears brimmed over the corners of your eyes. 

Crypto, despite everything, was only looking at you. His eyes were begging for you to say something, to side with him, to tell him you belived him. 

You whispered so silently, not even you could hear yourself.

"Tae.... you... you're the traitor?"