dr. minyak's daughter part 2 - henry hart

I walk into Henry's house with Charlotte and we sit down on the couch.

"You really didn't have to invite me to your game night." I tell her as I turn to her.

Charlotte smiles, setting up Wazzle on the coffee table.

"I mean, you're our friend now. Besides, we always need that fourth player." She said. I then see Henry and Jasper walking down the stairs talking.

"Oh, hey Y/N." Jasper smiles, sitting down on the other side of the couch, while Henry sits next to me but from a far distance.

"Hey guys." I smile.

"Who's ready?" Charlotte asks. We all cheer, and she picks up a card.

"Okay Jasper, name the famous celebrity from the 1960s who was also the third man to walk on the moon?" she asks him.

"Uhhh, Sammy James Jr!" he says slapping his knee.

"Correct!" Charlotte smiles, ringing the bell. We all ring our bell after her.

"Okay your turn Henry." Charlotte smiles, handing him the dice in the cup.

"Yeah, my turn." he says looking at me and shaking the dice. I look away from him and look at the dice on the table.

"He got an eight!" Jasper yells.

"Wazzle!" We all say together lifting our arms up in the air.

Henry moves his piece and grabs one of the red cards.

"Alright Y/N." he says looking at me.

He looks at the card, and then at me again. I turn to him waiting for the question.

"Who was one of the villains in Swellview that went to New York to sabotage Double G's concert?" he asks me with his head tilted to the side.

"Henry I don't think that's one of the questions." Charlotte said trying to grab his card.

"No, no. Let her answer this." Henry said to me. I look around the room to see Charlotte and Jasper looking at me.

"Oh um," I stutter, "Dr. Minyak."

Henry rings his bell but no one else does.

"I heard that he had a secret daughter that most people didn't know about, did you hear that, Y/N?" he asks me.

"Henry stop." Charlotte says, but he ignores her.

Now I know that they definitely know. Which I didn't understand, I kept myself away from the public. Especially people in Swellview.

"Fine. I'm his daughter. Is that what you wanted to hear, Henry?" I ask standing up.

"I knew it." he smiled, standing up as well. "And I bet you're just as evil as him."

"Henry." Jasper jumped in, and now we were all standing up.

"You're kidding me right? Does it look like I'm doing anything remotely evil? I came over to play a game with my friends, but I guess I was wrong." I say grabbing my purse and walking towards the door.

"Y/N..." Charlotte says walking over to me.

"Thanks for inviting me, it was a blast." I sarcastically say, and walk out of the house.

I begin to walk home, tears falling down my face. For once, I actually thought things were looking up for me. I thought things would be different.

I didn't choose who my father was, or what he does. But yet, I have to pay the price for it.

And they're probably going to tell everyone in Swellview about who I am. So much for the fake last name.

I get home to see my father and Cohort in the lab. I pass by and they see me.

"How was the game night with your friends?" my father asks me, but I don't answer. I head straight for my room and stay there the rest of the night.

— Henry's POV —

"What the heck was that?" Charlotte asks me as I grab the the bowl of chips.

"Y/N was pretty upset." Jasper added and I rolled my eyes.

"You two are not actually sorry for her? Her father is a criminal." I say cleaning up the kitchen.

"Her dad, Henry. Her dad is a criminal. Not her." Charlotte says.

"What, you think Dr. Minyak taught Y/N to be nice? A good person? No way, she's dangerous. If she finds out I'm you know who, she'll run and tell him." I say.

"I expect you to apologize to her tomorrow at school. I've known the girl for a whole day, and I can tell that she's not evil." Charlotte says crossing her arms.

"Yeah, dude. She listened to me go on about my buckets. Even you guys don't do that." Jasper added.

Maybe they were right. Maybe I was a little harsh tonight.

"Fine, I'll apologize."