Want, what?! [Percy Jackson]

You were standing here in the arena, with your sword in hand and beads of sweat rolling down on your forehead.

It was empty and you were alone. It was already past curfew. You knew the harpies might kill you but it didn't mind you. It never even occur to you that you might be killed by them. You got your sword in your hand, anyway.

Why were you here, you asked?

You were actually here to let go of the feelings that have built inside you and was kept in there for too long and all the regrets you felt for falling in love with someone who is taken. You can't blame him, really. Who wouldn't like a guy like Percy Jackson? Almost every girl you know fangirls about him and says that Annabeth was very lucky to have him. She was lucky, indeed. You were blaming Aphrodite for playing with your feelings. Sure, you once liked her for being pretty, and beautiful and kind to you, but all the admiration seems to fade now. All she does was play with your feelings as a payment to all the things you have done to her. You did some few quest for her and sometimes secretly give her some offerings when you have the chance (unless you are a child of Aphrodite). And now, all she did was make you fall in love with somebody who is currently taken.

Meanwhile, you did everything you can to stop yourself from falling deeper. You ignored him, tried to forget about him, stopped talking to him, stopped thinking about him and pretended he doesn't exist. All in all, it only made him curious with the way you act instead of just going with it and leaving you alone, the way you wanted. You were his best friend. You met him on the day before you found out that you were a demigod. Ever since that day, you two acted like you've met each other since you were kids. He knew you would be by his side the way he was on you. But now, you weren't.

Still, it hurts you to pretend he wasn't really there. He was always there for you. He was there for you when nobody was. It was like falling in love with someone who doesn't exist, like a fictional character of your dreams. The problem is he does exist. He just doesn't have those feelings you had for him. He didn't love you the way you did to him.

You just sliced the head of a dummy when it came back to you again. The memory that started it all. It was the flashback that won't stop showing to you no matter how hard you tried.

It was the memory of him.

You sat down on the nearest bench and placed your face in your hands. Tears started to roll down those once sparkly [e/c] eyes. To be honest, you were looking messier than you were before. That once silky [h/c] hair was beautifully tied up in a ponytail or a bun was now messy and was blocking your face. Your face that once shined with happiness was now dull and gloomy. Including your eyes, to be exact. All they show was brokeness and sadness.

Now you hated Love.

It ruined you. It left you broken and confused. It opened you to the doors of regret. All it did was hurt you instead of bringing you happiness.

Why would love do this? your thoughts keep on repeating.

You wiped your tears and stood up, pretending nothing happened. You went back to work. You went back to slicing and stabbing, pretending that you were doing this to Love. You were pretending that you were hurting Love the way it hurt you even if you couldn't hurt it back. At least, you could pretend.

"Woah," said a voice as you sliced the head of another dummy. "What did that thing ever do to you?" he joked, chuckling.

Your eyes widened. That voice, that laugh, that joke. You turned around just to see those sea green eyes staring at yours and that warm smile he was giving to you as his black hair being blown by the wind. It was him