Chapter 4: The Infirmary.

Walking through the cold, empty, long stone halls of the old castle, the moon illuminating the walls. Hermione still in his arms as he walked to the Hospital Wing. He whispered things into her ear as if she could somehow still hear him. "You'll be okay." And " Dont worry, I've got you." One question always circling his distracted mind, why does he care so much for someone he barely knew?

When he finally made it to the Hospital Wing, he called out

"Madam Pomfrey!" He paused waiting for a reply. When he didn't get one he called out again, "Madam Pomfery! Please!" Once again no answer.

He lay Hermione on a metal cot to his right, covered in a cream white sheets. Sirius sat on the vacant chair off to the side and held Hermione's small, delicate hand in his more rough, slightly larger hand.

He then said slowly, "Hermione, please be okay..."

Just then the old headmaster and mediwitch walked into the infirmary.

"Merlin, Mr. Black what happened?" She said frantically upon seeing the young bushy haired girl in the bed next to Sirius. "Misters Lupin, Pettingrew and Potter came and found professor Dumbledore and I just so happened to be with him. They had said a young lady had fallen unconscious." She said trying -and failing- to get a look at Hermione's head. Sirius at this moment in time was very protective over her.

"Will someone please move Mr. Black so I can take a look at my patient!" She exclaimed. James and Remus both grabbed Sirius and pulled him back, saying she will be fine and she is in good hands.

She then looked over Hermione's head to see if there was any damage. Fortunately, there was not.

"How is she Poppy?" A kind soft voice asked, concern dripping from his tounge. His icey-blue eyes scanned over Hermione, making sure she was alright from a distance.

"She'll be fine, Albus. She has no major problems. Just a mild concusion." She stopped so she could get some potions. "The young lady will need to take these potions." Madam Pomfrey explained to Dumbledore. "Who is this girl, Albus? I've never seen her before." Poppy asked once, the curious tone in her voice going unmissed my the four other boys in the room.

The whole room paused. James, Sirius and Remus obviously knowing who she is, looked up. Why didn't all the staff know?

"Well, this is my neice. Hermione Dumbledore."

Madam Pomfrey looked up puzzled. "Oh, my Merlin... I didn't even know you had any siblings, Albus." She stopped to stare at him, "Let alone a niece." She let out a little laugh and Hermione started to wake.

Sirius shot out of his seat where Remus and James had taken him.

"Hermione, are you alright?" He started slowly, "Never mind, you just fell down a whole flight of stairs. Of course you're not alright!" Sirius rambled on. He felt drawn to her, like she was the puzzle piece he was missing. After a silent argument, he decided to hug her tight. Like she was his life-line.

Why did he feel so drawn to her?

Hermione looked up, still a bit groggy from being passed out.

"uhh, hi?" She said, confused by having someone she barley knew hugging her. In the end she gave in and leaned into the hug. She let out a sigh, wrapped her arms weakly around Sirius' neck and closed her eyes.

Why did she feel so drawn to him?

Hermione opened her eyes and looked around. she cleared her throat, gaining the attention of the others in the room.

"What happened?" The confused girl asked as she let go of Sirius.

"Why am I in the hospital wing?" She questioned her voice still thick and full of sleep.

"The three boys, Misters, Potter, Lupin and Pettigrew, came and found myself and Madam Pomfrey." Dumbledore paused so she could get used to the noise and continued.

"She is our Mediwitch at the school. They were running terribly fast, saying a curtain niece of mine has fallen down the stairs." he paused again, the twinkle in his icey-blue eyes growing as he saw Sirius looking over at Hermione like she was the only one in the room.

"They had also mentioned that Mr. Black had brought you to the Hospital Wing."

Hermione looked around at all the boys, "Thankyou all." she gave a small smile and yawned.

"I think it best we leave the poor girl rest and recover, off you go." Madam Pomfrey ushered the four 13 year old boys out the room. "Albus you are more than welcome to stay as long as needs be."

The four boys left the room saying, "Bye Hermione!" and a "Get well soon, kitten." Off Sirius. Hermione lay down wanting to get some rest when she heard someone else.

"So dear, I'll leave you be." Dumbledore said in his calm, airy voice.

"Thankyou, professor."

With that he left the infirmary.

Hermione lay down, letting sleep take over her tired frame, mind and body.

A/N
Word count:847

Okay so... I've finally got chapter 4 out. Sorry it took so long to get here! And I wanna say a big thankyou for 111 reads on this story already!

Now into a different subject, you don't need to read ut butttt....
If anyone needs to talk or anything, I am more than happy to listen to you! I know how hard these times can be. So you can always PM me or ask for my socials and I will give you them.

Anyway! Thankyou again for reading.

I would also like to thank my beautiful bestfriend for keeping me sane enough to continue writing this book and making me motivated but always talking about her books she is writing(anime based if you wanna read em!) But yeah love you boo! ❤💚💛💙

(edited) 

(and re-edited as im going thorugh it so i can continue writing this story because ive kinda missed it lmao)