Ch. 7

Avery headed in after her father dreading what would come the next day. Emmett ended up losing the bet which made everyone laugh at his pouty expression. They all sat around just watching T.V until Jasper noticed the time. He looked over at Avery and noticed her eyes starting to drop.

"C'mon, Aves, lets go to bed." He said softly as he picked her up. In response she just cuddled up closer to him. As he was heading up the stairs he heard Emmett growl.

"That should be my job." Em mumbled making Jasper chuckle.

Once they reached the room that they had now set up for her, Jasper set her on the bed. As he was about to pull away, Avery grabbed onto him and whimpered. He was about to ask her what was wrong but she was sleeping. He tried to pull away again but her grip was too tight.

"She wants you to stay." Jasper looked to the door where he saw Edward standing. "She doesn't want to feel alone."

Jasper nodded as he moved to lie down beside her. She snuggled up next to him letting a satisfied sigh escape her lips. He closed his eyes as if he were also sleeping.

Standing there watching them, Edward felt a pang of jealousy go through his system. He wanted to be the one that Avery would go to when she wanted comforted. He wanted to be that important person in her life that she could tell everything too. He was going to be the one who protected her from everything and anything.

When he looked back over at them, he noticed Jasper staring at him with a raised eyebrow.

Over protective, much? Jasper thought to Edward.

He rolled his eyes and walked away, going back to join the family.

"How's she doing?" Rose asked looking up from her magazine."Where's Jasper?"

"She's asleep and Jasper is staying with her for the time being." He answered begrudgingly. "She wanted to feel safe, not so alone."

"Awe, that was sweet of him." Alice piped in. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow...er well later today." Esme asked.

"Shopping!" Rose and Alice said excitedly. Alice clapping her hands together.

"No." Emmett said getting glares from the two women whose bubble he had just burst.

"And why not?" Alice seethed.

"I told her that she could go say goodbye to the mu..wolves for a while tomorrow." He shrugged looking back at the T.V.

"Oh, well I'm sure we could go after!" Rose inclined.

"Yeah, to cheer her up!" Alice pitched in. The girls nodded at each other approvingly while the men rolled their eyes.

"Let's just hope she'll be fine after saying bye to the wolves." Carlisle said, everyone agreeing.