Communicate

It had been 2 weeks since Taraji and Terrence had split. Taraji stared at all 9 of the clearblue pregnancy tests that all read 'positive' as if the morning sickness and her period being late wasn't already enough confirmation. Taraji had no idea what to do. She wanted to call Terrence and resolve their issue and at the same time she wanted to show his ass a lesson. After all, it was his fault they were in the position that they were in. He believed that (apparently) not mentally stabled woman over her? The woman who tried to kill him? He instantly took her word instead of being able to communicate. Although it was true, Kelvin did play a part in it, but that had nothing to do with Taraji who hadn't contacted him since their split. Taraji missed him though. She missed everything about him. From their vigorous love making to days where they'd just lay in bed cuddled up. She missed Qirin and Hero too. The months where they were in each other's lives were the best. She missed their little family together. And now with Christmas time hastily approaching and a new addition to the family, she needed him more than ever.

                            *Knock Knock Knock*
Taraji stood from the bathroom floor stowing away the pregnancy tests and proceeded to the front door to see who it was.
"Girl who pissed in your coffee this morning??" Gabrielle said before brushing past Taraji and into the house. "Well come on in," Taraji murmured to herself, not in the mood for any company at all.
"Seriously girl what is up with you?" Gabrielle asked, noticing Taraji's pissy mood. "Nothing girl, I just..."
"You just what?" Gabrielle interrupted. "Wait isn't it Saturday? Where's the boys- Oh shit it's Terrence isn't it?"
Taraji was quiet. She fought with every urge in her body not to break down. "What the hell! What happened Raji?" Gabrielle exclaimed. There they went. The tears Taraji had been desperately trying to hold in.

Taraji told Gabby everything. From how amazing their relationship was going to where it was now. She kept her pregnancy a secret though. "Oh hell no. He really believed that bitch? And asked to see your phone?!"
"Yess! The fucking nerve. I swear I'd wash my hands with him if I didn't love his ass so much," Taraji went to take a sip of champagne that Gabby suggested they drink and was very well needed before finally realizing that she couldn't. "Girl what's up with you, this is my second glass and you haven't touched your's. I've never known for you Taraji Penda Henson to turn down a drink," Gabby scoffed. "Yeah I know, but my stomach has been bothering me. It's most likely food poisoning." She lied. "Oh okay."
"Well sis. I know you and Terrence are gonna get past this. Y'all's bond is way to strong to be broken. I know that for a fact. This is probably one of the first out of the many arguments and I know y'all gonna bounce back!"
"Thank you Gabby. I really needed that." Taraji embraced her friend in a hug.

Later on in Terrence's penthouse: "Bro you gotta fix this " Dwayne spoke. Terrence had been feeling the same way Taraji had felt. Maybe he overreacted. Maybe he should have trusted her over his crazy ass baby mama. "Yeah man go get yo' girl" Swizz added. With an outsider hearing the story, they interpreted it just as it was. Stupid. "I don't know mayne. I'm just saying if he was texting her and shit why she ain't tell me? And she wouldn't even show me her phone so what does she have to hide?" Terrence said.
"Y'all prolly just gotta communicate more. And build that trust man. Because y'all relationship doesn't come off as strong to me if y'all can let an outsider come in and mess shit up." Dwayne stated. It was the truth. Terrence took the word of a complete outsider who just so happened to be the woman who played a part in wanting Terrence dead.

"From the outside looking in you were in the wrong man. You let your crazy ass baby mama put shit in your head. Man Taraji stood by you through everything. She deserves better than that and you know it." Swizz said. Everything that they were telling Terrence was the truth, and he couldn't even deny it. He took word of a woman who wanted him dead, rather than trusting the woman who stood by his hospital bed, helped take care of his children, loved him through everything. "Man you better go get your girl before it's too late." Dwayne stated. Given the revelation from his boys, Terrence instantly knew how wrong he was and he started to feel terrible. Here, the woman that you are in love with and have been in love with for so long, and you don't take her word? You know she would never have the intent to hurt you or lie to you but you jeopardize the relationship. And for what? All he knew was that he had to take his friends advice. Taraji is the love of his life. They'd already lost so much of time together from years of them avoiding feelings that were very much present, Terrence's accident, and now this. They needed to resolve it, and as soon as possible.

                                         8:21pm
Terrence and his sons were in his vehicle, headed towards Taraji's. How was he going to do this though? Go awol for 2 weeks and suddenly go back and demand they rekindle their relationship? After it was his fault in the first place? 'There was no way she would settle for that,' he thought to himself. He'd blame himself if he didn't at least try though.
Terrence pulled into the driveway of Taraji's residence and unbuckled Qirin and Hero from their car seats. He rang the doorbell and waiting for her to answer. When she opened the door to reveal Terrence, she was not at all expecting him. "Auntie Raji!" Qirin exclaimed. "I missed you!"
"Aww I've missed you guys too!" Taraji pulled the boys into a hug. "Y'all go on into the playroom,"she told them. They did as she instructed and Terrence walked inside, closing the door behind them. "Okay so, before you start..." Taraji began. "I've had more time to think about this, and.. I think I need more time."
"What?" His face expression changed into one of concern.
"Look. Terrence. I love you. You know that. I love you so much but... we are not in the-"
"Baby, look. We can fix this. It's nothing we can't-"

"Terrence we can't not communicate for 2 weeks and then you just come back here when it's convenient for you and then poof, shit is back to normal."
"You believed her over me. That goes to show that this relationship has no trust whatsoever. I just.. I-"
"I'm sorry baby. I'm sorry and I don't know what got into me. This argument was so uncalled for on my end. I mean she's a lunatic and I know you would never ever do anything to hurt me. It's just I'm so used to being fucked with. And you just showed me something that I'm not used to at all. I don't deserve you baby. You're perfect and-" he grabbed her hands into his. After pondering on the situation she told herself she wouldn't fold. She told herself that she needed more time, but her heart said otherwise. She missed him like crazy. His lips, his eyes, his dick. Damn the effect this man had on her was unreal. But the argument really was uncalled for, and she didn't want to waste a second more of her life without the man of her dreams. So when he pulled her closer to him by her waist, and connected his soft, pink lips to hers, she didn't even think of resisting.

"Wait, wait..." she said pulling out of the kiss. SMACK. Her hand went across his face. "You better not ever, think of pulling no shit like this again you hear me?" She said in more of a mothering tone.
"I love you. And I really, genuinely want you to know that I'm sorry. I trust you. I do baby. And imma do everything in my power to show you that." He leaned in to kiss her again but she pulled back. "You promise?" She spoke softly.
"Imma show you better than I can tell you." He hoisted her up by her thighs and she locked her legs around him.
"I love you boy." She kissed his lips.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
This was rlly short. And probably boring 😬but I'm tryna update as frequent as possible, the juicy stuff is comingg I promisee
so please bare with me 😭
Thanks for reading 😚