27 - accusation

Harry, Ginny, Lupin and Mr Weasley had luckily returned in one piece, arriving to the burning scene. They had arranged immediately for the children to go straight back to Hogwarts, as Harry's protection was completely under threat.

Cedric wouldn't be returning with them so he kissed Athena goodbye before disapparating to his home. Athena hugged her mother and David a goodbye before they set off to drive away, escaping as quickly as they could.

After the fire had been put out, Mr and Mrs Weasley had decided to temporarily stay at Grimmauld Place. Mr Weasley summoned the Knight Bus to transport the children to Hogwarts before disapparating with Molly.

Lupin accompanied them on the bus to make sure they reached Hogwarts safely. The journey was chaotic and they had to squeeze into the bus as there wasn't much space along with the other people.

But once they had arrived, they said a goodbye to Lupin and trekked up to the entrance of Hogwarts. Everyone was rather quiet. There were no jokes, no laughs and minimal speaking altogether.

Ron remained to bear close to Hermione, both of them shaken up and Harry was holding onto Ginny's hand. Fred and George walked at the back, behind Athena who trailed along sluggishly, feeling slightly traumatised.

Once they reached the castle, McGonagall was quick to let them enter, whilst showing an abundance of concern for their wellbeing. Continuing the silence all the way up to Gryffindor Tower, they went through the portrait, Hermione and Ron first, followed by Harry and Ginny.

As Athena was about to go through, a tall figure approached, charging down the corridor at a hurriedly pace.

She stopped dead in her tracks, staring at the pale, blonde boy in his all-black suit. He wore a sullen expression on his face with dark circles shadowing his eyes, more prominent than usual.

Fred and George, who had been behind her, both stepped in front of Athena, glaring at Malfoy as he approached. George held out his wand aiming it at Draco, hatred casting over his features. Fred, pushed Athena further behind him, as if to protect her and drew his wand.

Draco raised his eyebrows in astonishment, taken aback by the twins' sudden movements. He too pulled out his wand, looking hesitant for what he were to do next.

Athena observed what was unfolding in front of her as if in a daze, almost like a foggy dream.

George yelled 'stupefy' but Draco blocked it, hitting back with 'expelliarmus' which Fred blocked, casting 'impedimenta', causing Draco to slow in his movements.

The portraits on the walls all gasped and jumped at the sight and sounds of the commotion. The Fat Lady bellowed a few raucous cries before fleeing into another portrait away from the scene.

Before any further duelling could take place, Athena pushed passed the twins, forcing herself into the middle of the combat space. However as she dashed into the centre, Draco spat out 'flipendo'.

Luckily, her reactions were quick as she drew her own wand and blocked the spell.

His eyes widened and then pierced venomously. He lowered his wand slightly, now holding it at waist height.

"Enough!"she yelled.

The portrait to the common room swung open and out stumbled Ginny, Hermione, Harry and Ron looking completely abashed.

"What's all this noise-" Ginny began before adjusting to the scene. "What in the bloody hell is going on here?"

"He's one of them!" George cried, pointing his wand towards Draco. "They destroyed our home!"