3. Trust me.

It had been a few days since she had rejoined her family. And today, she was visiting Techno. Her oldest brother. The boy, man now, who she had never gotten along with but who she missed so much. As they began walking, her and Phil, she let her thoughts wander. Back to a time when everything was simpler.

"Wil! Put me down!" She screamed, Wilbur tossing her into the air again as she roared with laughter.

"Not until you say it!" She shook her head. "Say it!"

"Nuh uh! Techno," it sounded more like Tech-a-no with her childish lisp, "help me! Save me!" She screeched, the older brother watching from the couch. He crossed his arms and shook his head at their antics.

"Unfortunately, I can't do that kid. You're just gonna have to say it." He smiled and Wilbur threw her into the air once more.

"Fine! Wilburs the best brother!" She yelled. Finally, he set her on the ground and she instantly ran to the couch, jumping on it and breathing heavily, her pigtails all pulled out and dress splayed out around her. Phil walked into the room, cradling a baby Tommy, dark circles under his eyes.

"Here, dad, I'll take him." Wilbur said, taking the sleeping child from his dads arms, all wrapped up in a red blanket and comfortably sleeping.

"Daddy!" She yelled, jumping off the couch, only to be stopped by Techno also standing and walking out of the room, cradling his head. She watched him walk up the stairs.

"Techno." Phil sighed, following him. She didn't hear anything until a loud thump sounded from above her head. She ran towards the stairs.

"Jocelyn, no!" Wil called, quickly following her. But she was too quick. She ran and opened Technos door, seeing him crumpled to the ground, cradling his head with her father kneeling next to him.

"Techno." She said quietly and her father looked at her. But he didn't do anything, yet. She walked over slowly and moved to the other side of him. She wrapped her small arms around his neck. "It's okay big brother." She whispered. He didn't move for a moment, and then his arms wrapped around her tiny body, pulling her in close.

She shook her head, and looked around. They were almost there, she thought. She could see smoke coming from somewhere in the distance. Finally, they came up on a small house. She smiled as her oldest brother came out onto the porch, a blue coat draped around his shoulders.

"Welcome home, Cordelia." He smiled at her.

"You and your stories... why do you always name us after people who die tragic deaths?" She asked. "First Theseus, and now Cordelia?"

He shrugged and hugged her. "Because I know you can be so much better." He said softly, before pulling away. "Come in, come in. Let's catch up." He led them inside. "Welcome to my retirement abode." He said, opening his arms up wide.

"It's... comfy." She said, nodding. There wasn't much around, just lots and lots of boxes and cabinets filled to the brim. No place to sit. Though there was a small fireplace in the corner.

"Sorry, yeah, there's couches upstairs." He said, leading them up a steep flight of stairs. Up there was two small couches and Technos bed, as well as a bell and a few photographs littering the walls. She sat down next to Phil. "So, tell me, what has been going on in the world of Jocelyn?"

"Oh, you know. Traveling through the world. I hear you have quite a legacy here, Mr.Blood God." She said, looking to him.

"Oh, no, I'm in retirement. Trying to be a new man. Key word; trying. It hasn't been easy."

"Well, good on you. Now tell me what's going on with Tommy." She leaned forward.

~•~

"You need to be able to be protected." Techno said, pulling out an old set of armor. It was scratched up and clearly worn, but it still looked effective.

"Techno, I don't need-"

"Yes you do. Trust me. Take it. Please." He said, holding it out. She sighed and pulled it on, it was a little big for her, the helmet sitting crooked on her head. "I will make a new set for you. One that actually fits." He nodded, turning to one of the boxes.

"Alright, well, I'll see you later Techno." And she turned to go.

"One more thing." She said, looking at her. He tossed a compass. "This is for you. I have one the points right at it. I'll always know where you are and you'll always know where I am."

"Thank you." She smiled and walked out. Phil had already headed back, he had some stuff to get done. She set off back in the direction of L'Manburg, taking off the armor and tucking it in her bag as she went. She had to keep up the illusion of a helpless kid.

All while walking, she couldn't help but to let her thoughts wander. Techno was her older brother, but he was acting much more like a brother than he used to. She loved him, they were siblings, but they had never been very close. There were moments, of course, but they were rare.

Maybe he had just grown up, as she had. The petty fights they used to get in seemed insignificant now. Something of the past. This change would be a good one.