24. He's really gone.

Jocelyn followed Ranboo to where he said Tubbo would be. Her sword hung at her side, with the taller man leading her on.

She never realized how tall Ranboo was. I mean, any half-enderman would be, but it was still surprising.

They slowly approached Tubbo, who was seated on the ground near a grave. She assumed he had built Tommy a headstone.

"Tubbo..." Ranboo said quietly. "I brought Jocelyn."

The small boy did little to move but hold his hand out for Ranboo. She noticed how Ranboo gently sat next to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. How Tubbo leaned into him.

She hadn't realized the two were close.

"Hey, Tubbo." She said softly, kneeling behind them. "You probably don't want to see me, and that's okay. But I just wanted to come by in case-" she was cut off by Tubbo turning and wrapping his arms around her.

The young boy sobbed into her shoulder. She wrapped both arms around him, one hand going into his hair, it reminded her of how she used to hold Tommy.

The hug was uncomfortable from the armor, but neither seemed to care.

"He's gone... he's really gone." Tubbo whispered.

"Yes..." Jocelyn said quietly. "Yes, he's really gone."

Tubbo pulled away and looked at her seriously.

"We have to figure out who did this to him."

"It was Dream, Tubbo. Dream killed him." She was confused.

"Dream wouldn't have had a chance if there wasn't a security breach." He said, wiping his tears away. "We need to figure out who's responsible for locking him in."

~•~

Tubbo and Jocelyn had said their goodbyes to Ranboo, who stalked off. The boy was weird, but somehow comforting.

"First order of business," Tubbo said, pulling out a book, "suspects."

"Isn't this a bit soon, Tubbo? Are you sure y-"

"Yes." Tubbo cut her off quickly. "Yes, I'm sure."

"Okay, okay." She put up her hands in mock surrender. All of a sudden, the voices in her head went from calm talking to shouting names. The most prominent; Sam, Ranboo, BBH, and Philza. "Okay, I got it, chill." She muttered, glancing upwards.

"Hmm?" Tubbo looked at her, confused.

"Sorry." She cleared her throat. "So, I'm thinking main suspects; Sam, Bad, and then we should go check out Ranboo and Phil's and Technos stuff." She said.

"It's not Ranboo."

"I know. But we know where everyone else was during the explosions. We don't know where they were."

"I guess... you're really gonna accuse Techno?"

"I'm not accusing anyone." She shook her head. "I'm just saying... we need to investigate."

"We should go look at the prison first."

Jay nodded.

~•~

At the end of the investigation, they hadn't found much. Techno had been missing gunpowder; but that didn't prove anything. Someone could have stolen from him.

Some snow on top of the prison that should have been there was melted; but that only said that there was an explosion. A large enough one would have been able to do that from the inside as well.

The sand around the prison had been moved or dug up; but once again that didn't prove much.

Nothing to prove who had done this to her brother.

The thought that she didn't know was almost more infuriating than the fact that it happened.

She wanted revenge.

She wanted to kill whoever did this to her baby brother.

She would kill whoever did this to him.

Her little bee didn't deserve that.

~•~

It had been a month now and, well, Jocelyn wasn't handling it well. Tubbo had tried to move on. She could tell it still hurt him, but he went on.

The boy had found a little abandoned village across the river from the Dream SMP and decided to name it "Snowchester". There he lived with Ranboo.

Finally, Jocelyn decided she couldn't live in Tommy house anymore. She packed up her things and headed out towards Tubbos new town. She crossed the bridge and looked around. It was a change of scenery. She liked that.

Tubbo had gotten married. Platonically, she guessed. That's what they had said at least. And they had a kid, a little piglin that had been abandoned. He was cute, from the pictures she had seen.

Tubbo set her up in a nice little house, with windows and plants and soft things. A kitchen with all the things to make cookies and pancakes in.

Everything made her miss her brother.

When she wasn't with Tubbo, she was usually sitting in her house. Polishing her armor or sharpening her sword.

The voices constantly called for blood so she went hunting a lot. Bringing back beef, chicken, rabbit, and sometimes the rare mutton.

She kept the boys fed.

Puffy had become more and more like a mom. She was the only one allowed to come into Jays house uninvited.

Jocelyn had begun openly calling her mom.

It wasn't happy, it was barely living, but she was surviving.

And that's all that mattered.

~•~

I know, y'all are gonna yell at me for that cliff hanger. But I had to.

Next chapter will include spoilers for today's stream.

I love you all! Thank you for the reads, votes, and comments. Seeing your guys' reactions make my day.