One Late Rehearsal

Can you guys try and make up names for Nightmare and his gang? I forgot to mention it last chapter. Whichever ones get the most votes or I find one I like, I'll put it in for the band name. Also, don't play the song yet until I say so. And yes, the song is by Steelheart. The person who will be singing it will be Cross because I thought, 'Why not give Cross a high-pitched male voice?'.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Singing Stars POV
"Finally! You guys are late." Dream said. As Cross and Ink ran through the door labeled "S.S. members ONLY", Dream gave them a glare for being late, again.

(B)"C'mon you guys! You've been running late nonstop for just every rehearsal we've had!" Blue complained.

"Sorry. It's just that someone keeps waking up late." Ink responded, gesturing her head towards Cross.

(C)"What? I have a messed up sleep schedule, okay?!" Cross replied. He probably noticed Ink's gestures towards him.

"Lust is already inside the recording room because she was impatient. She already started tuning the bass guitar so we better get in there and start getting our instruments ready, too." Dream ordered.

"Ink, start warming up your voice so we don't have any accidents like last time, okay?"

"Yup!" Ink replied. Ink was the lead singer of the band, one of the youngest that's for sure. Before Dream could open the door to the recording room, they heard talking outside.

(B)"Who's that?" Blue asked.

(C) "Do you think it could be the band that Reaper invited?" Cross asked.

"Most likely. They did say they were arriving today. They're probably wondering about our room, since it's labeled S.S. after all." Ink replied.

"Oh well. Come on, Lust has been waiting for us long enough." Dream said.

They all entered the recording room where they would always do rehearsals, and found Lust tuning her bass guitar.

(L)"Finally! What took you guys so long? I saw ya outside the glass window but you guys wouldn't come in." Lust said. There was a glass window to their right where they can listen to their recordings and where Reaper can watch them rehearse.

"Sorry Lust. There were people outside the door, probably the new band. Anyways, shall we get ready?" Ink replied.

(C)"Oh! Can we do my song? It's been awhile since I've practiced it." Cross asked.

"Fine, but try not to sing too high. You might break our ears," Dream joked.

(C)"Haha very funny."

Nightmare's POV
We finished exploring the rooms when the man came back.

"Okay everyone. If you're done exploring all the rooms, I would like you to follow me." He said.

(D)"Where are we going?" Dust asked.

"To visit the Singing Stars. But, you won't be able to actually see them, until the concert of course. You'll just be listening them rehearse. Apparently, the drummer's singing first." He replied.

"The drummer? He doesn't usually sing at all, even at live concerts." Error said.

"True. But he wrote a song and the rest of the Singing Stars love it, and they want him to play it at the concert. Now follow me."

We followed him to the room labeled S.S. and entered.

(G)"Hold on, does this mean that the Singing Stars practice in here?" Geno asked.

"Yep. Now come on in." As we walked in, the man walked over to a microphone device and turned it on.

"Okay everyone. Are you all ready?" The man asked. We exchanged looks at each other, confused to who he was talking to, until we suddenly heard a group of voices from behing the blacked-out glass. I assumed they put it like that so we couldn't see their actual faces.

"Yep! Ready when you are," the group of voices said.

I thought I heard a familiar voice in the group of voices, but I thought it would be jmpossible. (Oh idk Nightmare, maybe because you're brother was in that group of voices, too?)

"Okay. You guys put on these headphones. They'll make it easier to listen. Sit down in those chairs if you want." The man said.

We put on the headphones and sat down.

"Right. Singing Stars, you may start in 3... 2... 1..."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Play the song~

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

She's gone
Out of my life
I was wrong
I'm to blame
I was so untrue

"This sounds like sad rock or something," Nightmare said.

(G)"Nightmare! Don't be rude!" Geno said in a hushed tone.

"Hehe, it's fine. Just keep listening, I think you'll love what's coming up next." The man replied.

I'm so alone
I'm begging you
I'm down on my knees
Forgive me, girl

Everyone except the man's eyes widened in shock.

Lady, won't you save me?
My heart belongs to you
Lady, can you forgive me?
For all I've done to you
Lady, oh, lady
Oh, lady

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Time skip to after Cross is done singing cuz why not. Listen to the rest of the song if you want.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After he was done singing, we were speechless. We exchanged looks at each other until the man said,

"Told you you'd love it."

(D)"I mean, that was something alright. I didn't even know anyone could go up that high."

"True. But hey, he's a miracle worker." The man replied. Once again, he turned on the microphone and said,

"Great job everyone. Tomorrow, I'll bring Nightmare and his band back to listen to you guys rehearse again. Make sure to keep practicing!"

After a mix of 'Okays' and 'got it' coming from the Stars, the man led us out of the room and closed the door.

"You guys are free to go. You can explore LA if you'd like. I have to go file some documents." The man said. He turned around and left leaving us in the hallways.

"I still can't believe how high he went. The rest of the band must be amazing singers, too. No wonder they're on top." Error said.

(D)"Yeah, and to be honest, I heard someone familiar in the group of voices."

(H)"Same. One of them sounded like my childhood friend, Lust."

"I thought I heard my brother's voice for a second, but that's impossible. He ran away when we were 12."

We continued talking about the possibilities of the familiar voices as we headed outside to our hotel. We were tired, and we all wanted to get some rest.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry for taking so long. I can't really update much on weekends. Just to clear up some things, Lust is Horror's childhood friend and crush. Blue is Dust's childhood friend and crush. Dream ran away from home when she and Nightmare were only 12 due to some issues with her parents. I also forgot to mention that Ink is able to play multiple instruments, including the electric guitar. By the way, this chapter is 1151 words in total.