Chapter: 3 Meeting The New Faces

Date: 17/10/2018

Time: 0624 hours (6:24 am)

Location: Herefordshire, England

Primary objective: Recruitment for Team Rainbow

Secondary objective: Tell the leaders of Team Rainbow how it is you came to be, and befriend who you can.

..........................................................................

"What happened next is hard for me to say. I know the team was able to get out, but I wasn't with my team. My actions resulted in my capture into enemy hands and made me who I am today. So forgive me when I say I try to keep those memories locked away and am not too fond of the idea of sharing them," I grumbled while lifting my head once more to my audience of higher-ups. Both glared back at one another, clearly unsure of what to do next, however, it was clear who held more power.  "If that's the case then what you've told us shall suffice for now," said Six as she placed her pen down and straightened her papers. "Although I will say this will result in plenty of phycological investigations and reports, for the security of both you and those on the team."

I gave an amused smirk and let them see by looking them at face value, "Sure whatever. Heh, whatever gets me out of these cuffs faster, because they won't get much outa me either." I said in confidence. And that confidence was matched by Six, "Then we will have to see, I know some of the best specialists around Mr. Devils Angle. Uncuff him Harry." she joked, then commanded. Harry was shocked at his boss's lenience and went to object, "But ma'am he's..." "I know what he is. A part of Team Rainbow and a trusted operator. Now uncuff him" Six cut off a stuttering Harry, again commanding him to release me. Now I couldn't just sit out the chance when it presented itself like this, "Yeah, come on Harry, won't you let me go? "I teased.

He gave a huff but grabbed the keys resting in Six's hand and walked towards me. I again took my chance, just not the chance to be an asshole this time even if I could've, "So what's next?" I asked. "If you must know, we will continue working on your file, considering we have about a 3rd of what we really need, there are two more steps we have to take, but also considering it's about rise and shine for most operators, we could get you're introduction out of the way and get you to mingle with some of your new teammates." Harry finally got the cuffs off my wrists I celebrated once more by rubbing the marks the left and enjoying not being stuck to a chair. "I suppose, or I could go to bed. That one sounds more appealing to me." I joked but was brushed off when Six stood up and walked around her desk towards me. "Nonsense, let's get you acquainted with everyone."

"I'm sure they'll be just brimming to know I'll be joining them," I drip with sarcasm. However, sarcasm is lost on the serious. " That is the intention."

Ah, this bitch...

TIME: 07:00 HOURS

Well after some more evaluations that I may or may not have passed of the psyche and whatnot the time has finally come. I stand on a small stage in a boardroom-type area with over 50 seats in front of Six and me. Not all are fully granted but a room of 44 people, no less highly trained and specialized operators around the world is enough to put on some nerves. For a normal person that is, nerves only fuel him, so I steal what I can to remain myself the best I can.

"Operators,' Six begins," Good Morning, I hope you all got some rest," Some nod, others roll the sleep out their eyes, all dressed in casual-civilian clothes, "The reason all of you were called in today is a new member of Team Rainbow is joining us and sharing his expertise. Allow me to introduce you all to the infamous Devils Angle, or as you may refer to him Redemer."

I can't help but crake a smile at the crowd of faces as I step forward. Clad in my Signature mask and outfit not much of me is distinguishable, my baggy clothes don't show much but my stature. The mask and my name alone though are all these warriors need, chills run down some spines, and faces contort to fear, disgust, rage, or confusion. Few remain emotionless. I try and take note of the few, but I also can't help but examine the familiar faces that I see in the crowd. All in all, this is going to be fun.