*22 Part-1*

“A set up dual…between the new kids?” Victor raised his eye skeptically at proposal.

“That’s what she said. I think they want to do it soon too. She said and I quote, ‘It’s getting too boring here’” She crossed her arms looking at her brother awaiting his decision.

“Let’s do it.”

She whipped her head looking at him wide eyed, “Vic…I know we are pretty violent, but you’ve never been one to put someone at risk just for the hell of it.”

He leaned forward resting his elbows on the desk, “Look at it this way ‘Lynn, if I don’t put him in that ring, they could look at that as showing weakness. They already are finding holes in the unit and I don’t want anymore. If they do then they could do some serious damage.”

She nodded understanding his logic.

“It’s not because I want to…it’s just politics.”

“So what do we do next?” She looked at him pressing her tongue in her cheek.

He sighed leaning back in the chair, “We get him down to the arena.”

*

Brooklyn took a drink standing outside of Michael’s door.

She poured the powder into the drink pushing all her guilt to the back of her mind as she knocked on the door.

It opened to reveal a tired eye Clifford.

He rubbed his eye and groggily greeted her turning around and letting her come in on her own.

“Here this helps with the tiredness. It can get pretty heavy around here, but this guy came up with this concoction that wakes you right up.” She smiled as best as she could handing him the drink.

He muttered a thanks, as he went to take a sip of the drink.

“Wait.” She sat on the bed next to him, “Was everything you said yesterday true? About me and us?”

It was the most vulnerable Michael had seen the girl. She was soft in her features for this once instead of looking ready to kill.

He nodded his head and then starting to try and drink the drink again.

She watched and then she did the unexpected as it reached his lips.

She took the drink out of his hand and set it on the table behind her and kissed him.

She got up and peered into the hallway checking for anyone to be listening out and then snuck back to Michael like she was on a secret mission.

“Look, what I’m fixing to tell you could be the difference between life and death for you here. They want plot you and Luke against each other in a duel. The way they are going to get you there is in the drink, it’ll knock you out for a little. They want a fight to the death, but if you can get Luke on your side…I can find others to help and we can fight back and get you two out of there.”

Michael sat there stunned, “You kissed me.”

She rolled her eyes, “Now is not the time”

He got up throwing on a shirt, “No you kissed me. You like me! You want to keep me around!” He smiled dancing around like a child.

She picked up a book and threw it at him, “Could you be serious for two seconds! You have to drink the drink and go down there and tell Luke. They will test your blood for the chemical in your bloodstream so there is no faking.”

“Ok then, let’s do this” Michael got dressed and then took the drink ready to face whatever was going to come.

*

Michael woke up in what appeared to be jail cell. It was dark, cold, wet and cement.

“Michael?” He looked over seeing the familiar outline of his old best friend.

“Luke, I’m sorry about what I said the other day but I need you to listen so we don’t die.”

Luke shut up and listen to Michael explain the situation at hand and the plan he and Brooklyn had come up with before he drank the drink.

Heels clicking interrupted them and made both look over at the bars.

It’s was Brooklyn.

“Okay, I hope you two are ready, this is going to get ugly and is going against all norms down here.”

She walked away and was replaced by two guards who escorted them to different holding areas right before the battle.

“Pick your weapon” They each were told on their respective sides.

//shit just got real. *drops the mic and walks away.