"You are indebted to me, and I don't easily forget. You, sir, owe me your life."

He cleared his throat, reaching for the hem of his shirt to lift the fabric, revealing the gauze she had so carefully wrapped around his body, unaware of who she was touching, of who she had invited into her home.

"Only someone absolutely insane would do something like that."

"Christopher Bang!" I roared, my voice echoing across the entire auditorium as I entered the class, several other students scattered across the rows of seats turning to face me at the same moment as Chan did, the smile on his face at the mention of his name quickly melting away as his eyes widened at the look on my face.

"I am going to kill you," I growled, clenching my fists at my sides as I stomped over to where he was seated, the man raising his arms in front of him in surrender as he said, "What have I done?" to which I simply rolled my eyes before pouncing.

"It's all your fault," I exclaimed, chasing him down the row of chairs and stumbling across his other friends as they scrambled back in an attempt to give us space only to find myself in Chan's arms as he caught me the moment I fell.

I glared up at him, cheeks burning as I hit his chest. "How is it my fault that you're late-?" he began, cut off by the scoff that left my lips as I said, "Oh, if only you knew how much this is your fault," as I began to move away.

"But how-?" Chan tried only to once again fall silent as I whipped back around to face him, "Okay, I admit I made some bad decisions but you should have walked me home!" I fumed, "What kind of shitty gentleman are you?"

Felix, his friend, choked on a laugh at my comment, biting his lip to keep silent as the elder sent him a warning glare before turning to me as I moved for one of the seats, grabbing my arm with a pout on his face as he pulled me back towards him, "Come on, baby girl."

I rolled my eyes at the pet name, "Stop calling me that," I mumbled, puffing my cheeks "I'm not your girlfriend."

"But you are mine," he breathed to which I simply rolled my eyes again, fighting back the smile that tugged at the corners of my lips. He straightened himself a little, "If you won't tell me what I did wrong, then at least let me make up for it," he said, a soft look in his dark eyes as I once again turned away from him the moment the teacher walked into the class.

"No more alcohol and no more drinks," I said, chuckling weakly at the look on his face "The next time I might actually end up getting killed."

Chan furrowed his brows at that, and I failed to notice the rest of his friends sit up as well as the comment left my lips, turning to us without a word as they silently observed the elder as he asked, "What do you mean?" his voice etched with caution, with anger, "Did someone try to hurt you?"

"It's nothing," I said, brushing it off. But Chan took a step closer to me, reaching for my hand in a failed attempt as I once again moved away, failing to notice the gesture, "It doesn't sound like nothing," he mumbled.

"I'm fine. Really," I pressed, taking a seat next to Jeongin, the youngest of the group as I shrugged, "Something happened last night and I got myself into a mess with some stranger I met on the street but seriously, I'm fine."

Jeongin looked up at Chan and mouthed something as I reached into my bag to find the notes I had prepared for the lecture, rummaging around to find a pen as the guys' muffled voices and whispers were tossed back and forth above me.