02. gordie is shooting up castle rock

✧ • ✧ • ✧

✧ • ✧ • ✧

━━AFTER VERN EXPLAINED HIS STORY, EVERYTHING WAS DECIDED AND THE PLAN WAS SET. They were all going to tell their parents (not that they would've cared too much) that they were camping out at Vern's house, when they were really out looking for Ray Brower's body. Cassidy and Chris would probably be in a lot of trouble for lying, but it would be worth it.

The Chambers twins were dropped off right by Gordie, who had a faraway look on his face.

"Hey, Gordie," Cassidy smiled at the boy. He returned it weakly.

"Hey, Cass."

Chris jogged over to his sister and best friend and said, "Hey, man, you wanna see something?"

"Sure," Gordie replied, unenthusiastically. "What?"

"You okay?" Chris asked.

"Yeah, sure," Gordie repeated, sounding a little less upset. Cassidy was still worried, though.

"Come on down here," Chris dragged Gordie to an alleyway between the Blue Point Diner and the Castle Rock Drugstore with Cassidy trailing behind.

Eventually, Chris stopped in front of the garbage cans behind the diner.

"Phew! Chris, gimme a break!" Gordie panted. Cassidy nodded in agreement. "I'm gunna throw u . . ." he trails off and his eyes grew wide at the item in Chris' hand.

"You wanna be the Lone Ranger or the Cisco Kid?" Chris asked, smirking proudly. Meanwhile, Cassidy's eyes were about to pop out of her head.

"Is that dad's gun?" she sputtered, eyes flickering between her brother and the forty-five in his hand.

"Yeah," Chris shrugged as if it were no big deal. "Hawked it out of his bureau."

Gordie took the gun from Chris and examined it.

"It's a forty-five," Chris informed him.

"Yeah, I can see that," Gordie replied, although Cassidy could tell that he was lying, and stifled a laugh. "You got shells for it?"

Chris nodded, "Nine of them— all that was left in the box. Our dad'll think he used them all himself, shooting at cans while he was drunk."

"It's not loaded, right?" the blonde girl asked nervously.

"No!" Chris said, as if she had asked the craziest thing. "Chrissake, Cass, what do you think I am?"