ninety nine: okay now

"_____, i think reid's cheating on you," garcia said as she entered your office, closing the door immediately behind her as you sat back in your chair, looking up at her with an eyebrow raised.

"what the hell gave you that idea?" you asked her, waiting for a response.

"first of all, he's all close with j.j. and she knows it, too. second of all, have you noticed how protective she is over him? i mean, it's like she wants him all to herself. third of all-" she began but you stopped her.

"garcia," you said. "spence isn't cheating on me. we all know how close he is with j.j.. let it go," you said, going back working on the files and looking through them.

"i don't think you understand how serious this situation is," she said as you sighed, putting down the files.

"do you want to just ask him?" you said as she shook her head.

"of course if we ask he'll say no but if we sneak around," she began but you sighed.

"garcia," you muttered. "if reid has been cheating, he's terrible at keeping things a secret. i would've known by now."

she bit her lip gently, looking off to the side in thought.

"he's protective over you, right?" she asked as you slowly nodded.

"yeah, why?"

"well, maybe he doesn't want to hurt you by exposing you to the truth so he's keeping it from-"

"okay, seriously, garcia," you said. "where is this going? why did you suddenly come up with this idea? and why in the hell are you so worried? spence would never cheat on me. he would never cheat on anyone for that matter. he's the sweetest and most loyal guy in the world, you know that."

she nodded, taking a seat in a chair in front of your desk.

"i just don't want you getting hurt again."

you sighed, sitting back in your chair.

"that happened a long time ago," you said softly, looking down towards your lap as you felt tears brim at the bottom of your eyelid. "he's not the same as spence."

she looked over at you. "are you sure you're okay?"

"i need to talk to reid," you said softly, getting up and walking out into the hallway as you tried not to let the tears get to you. garcia watched you walk away, trying to keep the tears in as you walked to his desk where prentiss, j.j., and him were all chatting away.

she watched as you walked up to him, trying to ask him calmly but she could see you were about to burst into tears. he stood up, going with you as the two of you walked into a back hallway.

"what's wrong?" he asked as you wiped away some tears while you didn't look at him.

"garcia brought him up again," you said softly.

reid frowned, taking your hand in his as you looked up at him.

"he's in the past, ______. he hurt you and i'm so sorry that that ever even happened to you. you don't deserve that and i want to protect you with every last bit of protection i can offer."

you nodded, letting go of his hand so you could wrap your arms around him as you held him close.

"i love you," you said softly, closing your eyes as he held back onto you tightly.

"i love you, too," he replied back softly, burrowing his head into the crook of your neck as you let out a small, shaky sigh.

you were okay now.